Grow Tent question

WalterDeat

Hey everyone,

New to the forum. Been reading here and there about different grow setups. I'm looking into either getting a grow tent, or maybe build a setup like the one found here: First time grower with custom box build (pics!)

Ok, my question is this. The only places I have to put the setup are in my room, or in a tool storage room that's under my deck. I'd prefer to be able to put it in the storage room under my deck because no one ever goes in there, and I can keep it padlocked. The problem is that it's not air conditioned or heated. Cold air can flow down between the boards on my deck, but other than that it's completely enclosed. Has a door, lock, etc. If I put a tent or cabinet type set up in there, is the heat from the light (looking at going with a 400w hps) going to keep the grow warm enough? It can get pretty cold outside. Right now it's about 20 to 30 degrees. Like I said, I can put the set up in my room, but I would prefer to keep it in a less obvious place. If you need any more info, let me know. I appreciate any responses! :):thanks:

EDIT: If I have an intake fan bringing in fresh air, the air will be cold, until spring obviously. I guess I could just choose to grow during the spring-fall, but would like to be able to grow all year long if I can.

:welcome:

I have a small 3'x20" footprint tent running a 400 watt light. Messing with different exhaust/intake set ups I found that with almost no exhaust it got about 20*-30*F above room temp. probably not enough heat to get up to good growing temps with 20*-30* weather.

Good luck!

Yeah, after thinking about it, I realize that this question was kind of dumb. I'm gonna need to move air into the tent, and if it's cold, all the air is going to be cold, and during the night cycle the air in the tent is going to get as cold as the air in the room, unless I used some sort of heating system, which I just can't do. Looks like I'll be growing in my room.

I guess it comes down to 'are you skilled with tools'? I am a complete klutz when it comes to handy-man projects...I made one little 'tent' by drapping the black and white poly over a shelf from Lowe's. It's ok, held together with duct tape and clothes pins
DIY_tent_2.jpg

And I have a 'real' tent, that has all the needed ports and flaps...its nice, something I could not build...

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom