Grow tents question - help please

They are all very similar. It just depends on what size you want. And the bigger the light you're gonna get the more vents the tent is gonna need.

I have the Darkroom that’s 3x3x6. I’m very happy with it, but I did see a thread on here where the guy used PVC piping and Mylar to make a much cheaper version of the same thing. Really, it all depends on your overall goal and opinion.

I got a 4' X 4' X 8' Secret Jardin DR-120 for like $250 new (a whila ago). It was the 1st model, had light leaks around the seams an zippers, never affected my grows any. They have since improved the design to remedy this oversight. It's help up pretty good. I've done large plants, SOG, and a perpetual harvest out of this tent. I got a centrifugal inline fan and an odor sock and mounted them over head to maximize floor space for certain grows. hope this helps. as u can see this is a popular product. I think what did it for me was there was a more reflective surface on the inside of this particular tent as opposed to its competition (at the time). Good luck in ur search.

Dark Room is the same as the Growlab, It was renamed after a German company buoght it out and gave it the new name growlab, this tent is number one for me. I have used this tent outdoors during the rain and never had any problems.

Outside?

Dark Room is the same as the Growlab, It was renamed after a German company buoght it out and gave it the new name growlab, this tent is number one for me. I have used this tent outdoors during the rain and never had any problems.

How did u use ur tent outside in the rain? What did U do for light? No water leaks? How did U keep water out of duct holes? Sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear this, never thought it was possible.

Re: Outside?

How did u use ur tent outside in the rain? What did U do for light? No water leaks? How did U keep water out of duct holes? Sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear this, never thought it was possible.

I bought a 5x5 tarp and placed it on top of the tent, also gave it an arch so any water can slide off. I had a 400 hps, no water leaks, and i opened the 3 windows for intake luckily no water ever entered through them. For the wind I put 1 10lb cylinder block on each corner of the tent to prevent it from falling. I have some pics on one of my external hard drives, i'll see if i can post them tomorrow.

Re: Outside?

I bought a 5x5 tarp and placed it on top of the tent, also gave it an arch so any water can slide off. I had a 400 hps, no water leaks, and i opened the 3 windows for intake luckily no water ever entered through them. For the wind I put 1 10lb cylinder block on each corner of the tent to prevent it from falling. I have some pics on one of my external hard drives, i'll see if i can post them tomorrow.

Hell yea! I gotta c that. how many plants?

I've got a growlush tent, light leaks everywhere (nothing a couple of blankets won't fix tho)

PROS

* Easy to Setup
* Great reflectivness.
* Floor is waterproof

CONS

* Can not fix things to walls eg circ fans, power boards etc

* Does not seal like a box for vent purposes exhaust can take in air from anywhere i.e. cool air does not necessarly come in from the bottom where you want it....

* Stitching breaks down with time if your rough, lightleaks!!

Im sure people have had great results with tents and swear by them but imho if i had to do it again i would definetly build a decent room out of framing and that plastic thats white on one side and black on the other, for half the cost, with the potential to attach boards to framing to allow you to bolt things to the walls....

Good luck finding a good grow spot dude.

I got a sunhut xl and just started using it and very satisfied with it. The temps stay very stable and the light is super reflected.
S12.jpg

S21.jpg

i dont have any pics with it set up yet but everything works perfect.
P113.jpg

ohh yea and i paid less than 500 for my entire setupp!!! just shop around different ebay and craiglist++ i got a deal on this hut only $80.

Back
Top Bottom