Growing in the attic for under $400

DJCOOLJ

I am an avid grower I grow for myself and no other reason. I live in the Southeast where the heat and the cold can ruin a crop. So I moved my grow to the attic where it gets up to 130F. This is how I did it. My grow space is 40"x40" 5' high.:surf:
I took a light wood 1"x2" and framed the box then I took a 3m board or a 1"insulated foam board turning the refective side in and tacked it to the frame duct taping any gaps. I took a $11.00 bathroom vent and cut whole in top of the box and set in place. I disconnected a air duct to a room not in use and re directed it to my box at the bottom, I placed a small clip fan and set fan and vent to come on every hour for 15min. I purchased 3 105W CFL at 6000k and 1 400W MH all for growth and Veg.:bong:
Purchased a female mix of 10 pills from White Widow seeds and they gave free 10 White widow seeds all for $49.00 best deal on the net check it out. my room stays between 65 to 80 F depending if the lights are on. after 3 weeks from seed I switched to 12/12 normally I would veg for 4 to 6 weeks depending on the plant but because of height restrictions I switched my lights to 2700K for CFL which again are 105W each and a 400W HPS lots of light for 4 plants. All in All I have only $350.00 invested and that includes lights seeds and box all fans and timers, if you search there are some great deals on lights on e-bay. please feel free to comment. I look forward to herring what you think. :thanks:

Welcome to 420... I am in the southeast as well and I dont go near my attic till October, your set up sounds great though and I pray you dont have a power failure.
We would all love to see some pics of your operation!!!

Iv'e been lucky so far no power outages. tring to post photo could not I have posted in photo gal. do you know how

Back
Top Bottom