Growing pains, I need guidance

Drummerboy28

My ladies are three weeks into flowering. They are a Northernlights / Haze hybrid. I picked them up with 2 months of veggin on them.
Number of Plants - 3
Buckets - 1 Gallon
Medium - Organic potting mix (Don't recall the brand)
Light - (1) 400w HPS with air cooled hood
Grow space - Inside a 4 x 4 1/2 grow tent
Nutes - Fox Farm Big Bloom; Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
Humidity - 23%-38%
Temp - 68F-84F degrees

Problem: Leaves have brown spots on them, some are dying (Turning brown and shriveling) and a slight white discoloring of some of the leaves. The colas and bud are good, but the leaves are going through a tough time. I've included pictures.

Cell_Pics_0301.jpg

Cell_Pics_0271.jpg

Cell_Pics_0211.jpg

I've really put a lot of time and love into these plants, but I fear my inexperience with indoor growing (any type of growing for that matter) may be the death of them. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Please help!!!

I'm sure they are rootbound and need transplanting to larger planters. I't's not the best time to do it, in flower, but they need more space or you're going to lose most of your yield. Good rule of thumb is one gallon of planter size for every foot of height. Put 'em in a bigger house, they've outgrown the apartment, back your nutrient strength off for a week or ten days and then resume your normal feed schedule...and add two or three weeks to your flower period to maximize your yield. Do it carefully and you'll be fine.

I'm sure they are rootbound and need transplanting to larger planters. I't's not the best time to do it, in flower, but they need more space or you're going to lose most of your yield. Good rule of thumb is one gallon of planter size for every foot of height. Put 'em in a bigger house, they've outgrown the apartment, back your nutrient strength off for a week or ten days and then resume your normal feed schedule...and add two or three weeks to your flower period to maximize your yield. Do it carefully and you'll be fine.

They're about 2 1/2 feet right now, I'm going to go with a three gallon planter. It's going to be tricky, but I think I can pull it off. Is there such a thing as having to big of a planter?

Thank you soo much for your help. Even being with these plants for such a small time, I really find myself worrying about them. It's like they're my children! LOL (And for the record I do not have children)

Good advice SouthernWeed

but it also looks like he may have of powdery mildew! Second picture

Dean,

I did read a lot of articles about mildew, and I know that must be it. My fan inside the tent crapped out of me so the air is not circulating inside there. Stagnent air = mildew. I've just orderd a new fan, hopefully that does the trick.

Southern & Dean: Thank you both for the input, once I make the necessary changes, I'll post progress pics!!:thanks:

They're about 2 1/2 feet right now, I'm going to go with a three gallon planter. It's going to be tricky, but I think I can pull it off. Is there such a thing as having to big of a planter?

Thank you soo much for your help. Even being with these plants for such a small time, I really find myself worrying about them. It's like they're my children! LOL (And for the record I do not have children)
no you can't have anything too big.. You can have a 5 gallon pot for a 1' plant.. It's overkill, and you will waste a lot of soil, but it won't have any negative impact on the plant.

Back
Top Bottom