Growing pains

She's praying to that sun!!! Now the soil I can help with ;)

FYI if you use egg shells for calcium it's best to toast them up in a frying pan till juuuuust before they look burnt, let them cool, and then use a coffee grinder or nut mill to get it to a powder form. that's how they work most efficiently.

Eventually your soil will need amendments/nutrients but most decent potting soil has enough nutrients to last your plant through the first 2-3 weeks at the very least. The soil ALSO works to buffer ph so you have a much larger window for error... good soil can buffer water with a ph of I'd say between 5.8 to 7.0.

Good luck with your fishies. You will get this buddy .

XxKitty

Oh no! Maybe her feelings are hurt cuz you have her the middle finger?! All joking aside, I can't give you any advice as I don't know a thing about growing the way you are, but in researching natural ph adjusters I found these:
420-magazine-mobile1895750847.jpg
I cannot say if it's safe for the fishies, but it's a start for your research~ good vibes to you~

She's praying to that sun!!! Now the soil I can help with ;)

FYI if you use egg shells for calcium it's best to toast them up in a frying pan till juuuuust before they look burnt, let them cool, and then use a coffee grinder or nut mill to get it to a powder form. that's how they work most efficiently.

Eventually your soil will need amendments/nutrients but most decent potting soil has enough nutrients to last your plant through the first 2-3 weeks at the very least. The soil ALSO works to buffer ph so you have a much larger window for error... good soil can buffer water with a ph of I'd say between 5.8 to 7.0.

Good luck with your fishies. You will get this buddy .

XxKitty
This is has to be my problem!

"If you are unable to monitor and understand the pH of your growing medium you can end up in the position (and it happens A LOT) where you are feeding a plant more and more nutrients to fix a deficiency and the plant simply cannot take them on board. If unchecked this situation can lead to a build up of salts in the-growing medium-which block up the plant's roots. This is nutrient lock out. Your plants can literally die of starvation despite how much you are feeding them."

This is has to be my problem!

"If you are unable to monitor and understand the pH of your growing medium you can end up in the position (and it happens A LOT) where you are feeding a plant more and more nutrients to fix a deficiency and the plant simply cannot take them on board. If unchecked this situation can lead to a build up of salts in the-growing medium-which block up the plant's roots. This is nutrient lock out. Your plants can literally die of starvation despite how much you are feeding them."
I put it in soil to revive her. But on the other hand look at this one! Only thing is that its stem is very thin
6106e9af4c6f01cd9c32c19ae3d587f6.jpg
9460ac8125937751bfcecdc953d63c5b.jpg
b9efe3024748429ac30ab01d99976178.jpg

I put it in soil to revive her. But on the other hand look at this one! Only thing is that its stem is very thin
6106e9af4c6f01cd9c32c19ae3d587f6.jpg
9460ac8125937751bfcecdc953d63c5b.jpg
b9efe3024748429ac30ab01d99976178.jpg

The way to get thick legs out the gate is getting a fan to make your seedlings dance for you. Nothing too powerful but a gentle but constant breeze is good. It doesn't stress them out but it does cause the plant to work those muscles so to speak and strengthen your stem.

Soil is much easier to start in as a first time grower. Once you get the basics down of what your plants need and have had time to invest in necessary equipment like digital ph and ppm meters... nutrients... lighting... fans... then it's easier to give hydro and aqua a try. I am thinking about making a single DIY dwc system out of a tidy cats bucket... but I would need another lamp in addition to my veg cabinet and flower tent and I'm as invested as I can be until I can harvest my crop...

Looking good though. Patience and persistence... just keep swimming... as the fish would say ...

XxKitty

Hey guys unfortunately my plant died but I have this one growing in dirt/manure compost. Please help me out, need to know if I can switch it to 14 dark 10 light to enter the flowering stage. 22 inches to the very top node.
19f344155cabb1019a458079d46f1d6a.jpg
b04afae1349d4d447037861807526e20.jpg
955f7839b63e0c4a94719bffd2d75486.jpg
f0f6bf0dfa34c7ad017b3ad06daaa1c9.jpg

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your girl~
so your plant looks a bit stretched out, her nodes are pretty far apart. I am by no means an expert, but I'm not sure how many bud sites she'll have~ maybe try some lst & see how many side branches you can grow out? Good luck with whatever you decide~

Back
Top Bottom