Growth And Lighting

missywelden

this is our first indoor grow. About 3 weeks ago we purchased some clones and planted them In happy frog soil and are feeding nutrients on a scheduled basis. We are using t5 fluorescent lighting for Veg.they are growing and have almost doubled in size however we were wondering if there's any other florescent bulbs that would speed up the growth.cost is an issue so we don't have a lot to spend right now. We also have a thousand watt HID hood and bulb for flowering. Would using that for veg for 18 hours work to make them grow quicker or would that make my electricity bill go through the roof

The 1000 watts HPS works great for veg and flower. I'm in soCal and it would cost me $108 a month in electricity(18 hrs a day). You could use the gas lantern routine, 12 hrs on, 6 off, 1 on, 5 off, to keep them in veg and save a bunch of money by switching to GEIKO, i mean electricity ($78 a month for gas lantern).

thank you for the info. sorry for posting innaccurate info.i actually have a 1000 watt HID hood and bulb. i also 150 watt hps bulb which do you think would be best

Can you give us a little more info? How large is your grow area? What growth method are you using? Are the T5's high output? How many T5's are you running? What are the temps in your grow area?

The 150 watt will give you the added light in a smaller footprint and lower electric bill until you transplant them into larger pots.

Back
Top Bottom