growth issue

Jacob Bell

Hello All, and pleasant times. I have a question. The plant in this pic is about 2 1/2 wks old, and yes, it does have some stretch, cause I had the original lights too far away. I just changed lights tonight, from a fluorescent T8 4 ft. with 2 tubes at 6500K, to 4 CFL, 26 watt, 6500K with 10 inch reflectors, so they can be closer. Question is, shouldn't my plant be much bushier, fuller, etc by now? I see the pics on here at 1 wk, and they look 20 times better than mine. I am using the wrong soil, right now it's MG Organic. I am switching this weekend to Fox Farms. But is the soil the reason for bad growth, or does it look like something else? It's bagseed, I water them about every 3 days. I don't know the PH just yet, still have to buy the tester. I have been using tap water, and recently switched to tap water filtered thru my Culligan pitcher filter. What are your thoughts?
mystuff_005.jpg

High guitarman,

I dunno they look pretty healthy to me man.You say you had the lights too far away before, which shows with the stretch. plus you say you transplanted it recently. these are both factors that would contribute to slower than expected growth. But honestly at 2 1/2 weeks thats not bad. Remember during this part of its life, esp so with transplant, its working on a lot of unseen growth. You know, roots.

I wouldn't worry friend, your ladies look great, I dont see any signs of abuse so give them time and don't rush them. They will award your patience with a bountiful harvest.

Oh one other thing next time you transplant them I would consider burying the stalk so the the leafs are closer to the soil and wont be as lanky.

Keep up the good work brother.

they look great .i have to ask.what is that medium you folks are using?looks like triple mix with cedar chips mixed in !

thanks for the encouragement from both of u.!! I am slowly making progress on it, learning from the mistakes I have made and movin forward. I am glad that they don't look too bad. The leaves do look healthy close up. I am working on thickening the stalks, by using a fan to blow some air on them. I have the fan on them about 15 or so hrs a day, sometimes a bit less or more. I am going to make a grow box, for better light control and odor control. I will then have to figure out how to place everything properly in there, but it's a good work in progress. I have 3 plants, the purpose of 3 is to try to get 1 female. I only need to grow 1 at a time, if I can clone or keep the 1 growing, it's all I need for my particuliar ailments. I hope to get an ounce per harvest. I have no idea how to harvest or cure, but before the time comes, I will for sure be asking question lol. BTW, I want to switch to a 12/12 cycle, as I heard that helps in determining sex, as well as getting to flower faster. Do I have to put it in darkness for a certain time before I do the 12/12? Or can I just switch from 18/6 to 12/12 right away?

ItChrome, so it's ok to bury the stalk a bit when I transplant? I will be doing that tomorrow, into some Fox Farm Ocean Forest or whatever it's called. I am also going to buy some FF nutes. Do you think my lighting is sufficient for now? 4 26W cfl? I know the 6500K is the right K for this veg process, and 2700K for flowering. I also bought 2 2700K, and I want to put 1 of them in there during veg for a fuller, denser yield.

Hi ya, GMan. No, my soil there is Miracle Grow Organic. It sucks. Water runs right thru it, it releases the nutes at the wrong times, i.e., the plant can't just get it when it needs it because it's time released. So, I am going to buy some Fox Farms tomorrow. It's made in Humboldt Co. CA. so you know it's the shit. It has worm casings (shit) in it, bat guano, (shit), and loads of others, as well as being PH balanced at 6.3 to 6.5. They advertise it as for veggies lol. The lengths we must go to, in order to partake of a natural occurring flower. Yet I can kill myself by drinking too much tequila, which is legal. Which is what I am doing right now, until my crop is harvested. I only drink because I can't smoke.

Howdy all. I just updated my grow area last night, tell me what you think. I added another 2 lights, so now I have 5 26W 6500K cfl's, and 1 2700K 26W cfl. I also added a reflector that I made out of thin pressboard type stuff, covered it in foil. I should have mylar in there instead, but this entire beginning setup is going to change once I make a grow box. Had I to start over again, I wouldn't have even began growing until I had the grow box setup and ready to go. ah well. I was impatient and wanted to get growing lol. What do you all think? Ok for now? I also added a grounded timer, which all lights are hooked up to, and I am on an 18/6 cycle for veg. Thoughts please! :) P.S. HAPPY GROWING TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD SMOKE!

Oh, and I also transplanted them last night out of the crappy MG to the Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. I also bought some big bloom from FF, for nutes. Won't add any though for 30 days, according to the Ocean Forest "instructions". Or would U all add some now? I don't want to burn them. I can't wait to see how they grow now that I have some great soil and more light and a decent reflector!!! :) :)

Hard to believe, but the one plant in the closeup, it's only like 3 wks old, and it's already stinking! Crazy! I hope it smokes as good as it smells! And hopefully it's a female. These 3 are all bagseed. I have no idea of the strain, although I wish I did. Is there a way to tell? I read something about thinner leaves being a strain, and fatter leaves being the other, but I don't know how to tell lol.

Back
Top Bottom