Britta filter

Vasdef

Hey guys,
I have one of those Britta pitchers with the filter in it. Im wondering if its worth the trouble.
Straight out of the tap I get:
229 ppm
Using the Britta:
180 ppm
Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

The Britta products are a gimmick and not a true filters as the Britta fails to filter out and leaves the undesirable elements which a water filter removes from water. The size and contact time with Britta filter products does not allow the water to come into contact and exchange or filter undesirable elements to allow removal. If the Britta filter cartridge is sufficient to filter out unwanted elements why haven't every other legitimate water filter competitor manufacturer switched to using replaceable cartridge 1/10 or less size than what they require currently? A belief that you are able have everything which you desire in functional minuscule micro size product is fallacy. In order to adjust the waters quality the water must have sufficient contact time to interact with the filter materials in pre made cartridge or bulk canister filters. In a single pass filter design If the water flow with either too high pressure or the water flows too quickly the majority of the water surface remains out of contact with materials that are able to alter the water by either straining or ion exchange to remove contaminants from water.

I wouldn't, but you should probably look up what they remove. Find out what it's taking out of there.
Can you find a water quality report for your municipal system? Lots of them are posted online.
I found it. Maybe you can make sense out of it for me.

Screenshot_20220204-072652_Dropbox.jpg

In order to rate the filters performance you will have to get water filtered from the filter your using laboratory analyzed. If you are not yet convinced the Brita is unsuitable telephone the contact number and request details for the total capacity of the reactive surface before failure.

The largest problem is with the filter cartridge size and filter medium construction. Years past when i began growing cannabis i was searching for an economical water filter for my water source used for growing my cannabis plants. I found out the material used in the filter is not a selective material rather a general material which with milliseconds of surface contact time would only interact with the flowing surface and then only remove the first most abundant of the impurities it potentially could filter and allow all other compounds to continue without interaction unfiltered. The total filter capacity of the Brita cartridge is measured in milligrams units. This is how you are able to measure a reduction in total PPM strength but not a significant reduction in impurities still passing through unfiltered.

Back
Top Bottom