Guys 'n' gals I need some advice!

GrimReefer513

my girl is fully grown and im just waiting for all the hairs to change from white its at about 40%. i live in ohio and shes outdoors. the temperatures just dropped today and we are at the end of a huge dry spell. its about to rain this weekend. should i pull her before it rains???? or see if she can survive all that without bud rot and stuff because ive already had a little on one bud but i fixed it cuz i caught it very early

That is a judgement call and none of us can really help you with that judgement call without pictures.
My guess is that you’re somewhere around week 6. My suggestion to you would be to try and make it to the final swell. That’s when the majority of the flower weight gets put on.
White vs brown pistils really is meaningless. Right now my plants pistils are looking really orange/brown but I know that in week 6 they’ll put out a whole nother round of new pistils.
the only way to judge a plants doneness by pistils color, is to have grown that genetic pool before and be familiar with how they’ll flower.

Pistil color has little to do with ripeness. You nee to check your trichome color with something that has 60x magnification. There's no other reliable way to know when to harvest.

As stated the pistil color isn’t a good indicator of ripeness. I use a USB magnifying scope I got from Amazon for 25-30 bucks. I took this picture today. I have a 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to go. I want hardly any clear trichomes. Google trichomes and read up on how they determine when it’s time to harvest. Here’s what they look like on my Liberty Haze as of today
437DF729-5D97-4CDC-9997-FD466557B47F.png

yea i did some research and learned all about the trichomes. however the pistil does help indicate when growing outdoors like my plant is and i believe the first gentleman is right when he says it probably has another round of wait to put on im just scared the cold temperatures will effect in negatively..??

One option you may have would be to put a cold frame over it. What's that? It's like a mini greenhouse! Effectively you build a frame out of pvc pipe, which is pretty cheap, then cover all 4 sides and the top with heavy clear plastic. Slide it over the plant, and the heat from the ground will keep it warmer overnight.

You would want to be able to take it off during the day, or at least be able to open it and get some air circulating in there so you don't rot. Also, something like that can help with over-rainy weather too. Water around, but not on the plant. ;)

Also, you do not want the leaves touching the plastic. You can also put an incandescent light bulb inside the enclosure to provide heat.

Also, you do not want the leaves touching the plastic. You can also put an incandescent light bulb inside the enclosure to provide heat.

Absolutely. Good call. Give the plant a little room from the edges. ;)

If it's going to be really cold, one of those little space heaters can help as well. Using appropriate safety measures and such of course.

Back
Top Bottom