Can I take a soil plant out and flush in bucket of water?

bigkahuna

So it rained last night when it was not supposed to and I am worried about bud rot. The plant is 1 week from my preferred harvest time and I was supposed to start flushing today. But seeing as I want to harvest early before any rot kicks in, can I pull my plant out and wash the soil off then stick it in a bucket of water to give it a quick flush? Or is that a stupid idea? I was going to chop it up tonight if i do that.

I don't flush, lots of data now saying it doesn't help

But not sure your plan will help

Flush is when they drink just water for a week or two, not a rinse off the roots

No it won’t be the same thing. Flushing is an attempt to rinse the nutrients out of your soil, followed by letting the plant grow without food for a while. If the soil/grow medium doesn’t have nutrients in it anymore then the plant will naturally draw nutrients from its own foliage. The idea is that it will burn up excess nutrient- this supposedly makes for a smoother smoke. It also (more importantly IMO) helps signal a plant that it is ‘fall’ and time to wrap up the flowering season, which helps the plant ripen and finish better.
What you’re talking about won’t work. The plant will die if you pull it out. It won’t keep growing and won’t do any of the other stuff either.

Thanks guys! I ended up harvesting a day later because they were still wet and i didn't want to take any chances. Curing the buds right jow. And just harvested my indoor plant last night. Gojng to update my journal now.

Just so it's clear I'm currently trying the bucket of water AND darkness technic for resin and bud swelling and after 48 or 72 hours not only is the plant still reaching and green (growing just fine) the buds are also swelling and smelling and looking amazing. You NEED to work the roots out as intact as possible and use a hose to wash away the soil. This takes time. Then add just enough water to a bucket (ph balanced) and replace this water every 24 hours as there will still be some left over soil thus adding trace nutrients to the water. Keep it in a dark room low humidity and a little air movement and you will see a difference in my opinion.

Just so it's clear I'm currently trying the bucket of water AND darkness technic for resin and bud swelling and after 48 or 72 hours not only is the plant still reaching and green (growing just fine) the buds are also swelling and smelling and looking amazing. You NEED to work the roots out as intact as possible and use a hose to wash away the soil. This takes time. Then add just enough water to a bucket (ph balanced) and replace this water every 24 hours as there will still be some left over soil thus adding trace nutrients to the water. Keep it in a dark room low humidity and a little air movement and you will see a difference in my opinion.
Old thread or not, what is this advice? Are you saying you completely remove your plant from the soil and put it in a bucket of only water .... for ... 2-3 days? Replacing that water each day? Little air movement? What exactly would be the difference you think someone might see? I think you are doing things the reallllllly hard way my friend. Take a wander around the forums here and let some of the amazing knowledge here soak in.

Old thread or not, what is this advice? Are you saying you completely remove your plant from the soil and put it in a bucket of only water .... for ... 2-3 days? Replacing that water each day? Little air movement? What exactly would be the difference you think someone might see? I think you are doing things the reallllllly hard way my friend. Take a wander around the forums here and let some of the amazing knowledge here soak in.
I've tried this and you are right - it's a lot of unnecessary mucking about and no, it made no difference but then the bud was already good so not sure what I was hoping to achieve

Back
Top Bottom