Hey All! Growing Question Here

XxXGreenApocXxX

Hey all! I'm not new to smoking, but recently me and a friend decided we wanted to start growing... because where i live it's almost spring and we figured we wanted sum free bud this summer. I live in Ohio so theres lots of rain and sunshine with mild to hot temperatures (low 70's-mid 90's). I plan on keeping up with maitnence and all, but i have no idea where the best place to grow is and exactly how to maitnence (i will continue to research). Can someone please give me a nice reply with detailed intructions, and some advice?

Frist of all, type in a font that doesn't blind the person reading it, and second, from the description of the weather you have, it seems like perfect growing conditions for growing. I don't know about the best place to grow, maybe you give us a description of your area, you know, the surroundsings of where you live. If you've got a big backyard, nearby woods that are rarely used, etc..

hmm... yes truly sry about the font didnt realize it was so bright. yeah i live in the country and we have about 6 acres and a wooded aread along with a pond... gets muddy alot around here too. Also sorry realized this should go in the "grow room" forum but this one said it was for questions and advice, lol.

If you want to grow outdoors you need to find a spot that is sunny for most of the day as well as hidden so that no one will stumble upon it. It is a tricky thing to do right and I do not recommend growing outdoors on your own property or property owned by someone else for that matter. I would recommend looking into your options of growing indoors, it is alot safer.

ive got a good place in the woods noone knos about except me, clear spot where there are no trees and the sun shines down (yes does sound good, right?). but im not worried about cops and im not known for smoking weed.

Growing anywhere, indoors or out, you will need to worry about the police. That is why you always need to consider the benefits and weigh them against all the possible things that could go wrong and ask yourself if it is really worth doing.

i understand this, yes cops are on my mind... but where i am and where it would be grown, it would be like the cops looking under the wooden floor of an old abanded shack at the bottom of the ocean next to amilia eirharts plane, but ya i kno where ur commin from and the advice is respected and taken, ty. but does this sound like a good spot to grow? and what kinda maitnenve would be needed to get some potent bud?

Im telling you, indoors is so much safer for you and your plants, however, you sound like you have a good enough spot outdoors. You will most likely need to start the fresh plants from seed indoors in pots until they are strong enough to be moved to your spot outdoors. Much care and maintenece will be necessary to produce the potency that you are expressing you are after and this only furthurs the element of getting caught. You will not only need to consider the public disturbing your grow, but precuations will be also need to be taken against bugs, animals and the weather.

Bugs- Since you cannot use pesticides you will need to be very careful to keep out unfriendly bugs such as aphids, white flies, and spider mites. To combat these, use friendly insects like lady bugs and praying mantiss' in your garden. You can also use a thing called Neem oil to ward off pests. It is an all natural extract made from another plant and works well against spider mites.

Animals- Obviously a well fenced in garden is the only way to prevent animals like rabbits and deer from eating all your hard work.

Weather- The hardest thing to combat when growing outdoors because it is so random. If it gets too cold for a duration of time at any point during your grow the plants will suffer. Also, strong storms and winds can harm your plants or destroy your crop entirely.

I hope this aids you in your decision, because it is not an easy one at all. Might I ask what kind of seeds do you plan on using and what is you expected yeild?

If you are planning to grow from bag seeds you will be overall less sucessful. On that note, you should not expect anything you grow will be the best stuff you have ever had. It will be more for the experience and the fact of knowing you can grow your own buds. Yes, you will recieve some fruits for all your labor but do not expect anything like you see on, say, a seed companies website.

Bag seeds have horrible germenation rates. Most do not germenate or the plants that they produce are less than desireable. This is because the seeds, along with the buds they came from, have been dried and cured for a period after harvest to make the buds smokeable. However, this in turn damages the seeds.

It is ALOT of work and time to produce anything of smokeable quality, even if it is not all that potent.

Back
Top Bottom