Hanging height for 240W QB?

BigDannel

I just got my new light and it's great. I feel like the sun has relocated to my grow tent... turned all the way down you could see it over my old lights, turned all the way up, forget it! I want to review it here but I'm not sure if that's allowed because it's not a sponsor.. if it's ok someone let me know and I'd be happy to do a review.

Anyway, I got it wired up and hanging as high up as possible, which (for now, until I cut and modify the hangers) is about 28" above the plants. Currently I have the lights turned all the way up. What height is recommended for a light like this in an area this size? Should it be lowered and dimmed or am I good as is? Obviously I will listen to the plants and how they react but just wanted to pick the brains of the experts here and hopefully get a head start on the most efficient setup. I don't have any way of measuring the light output, unfortunately. Thanks in advance!

Whats the dimensions of the tent?
How many plants?
We like pics

Thanks for your reply! I think I have it set to a good height now, things look good this morning. The area is 3x3, currently two plants and shooting for 4 next time. I was able to get an app to roughly measure Lux and was able to convert that to get a rough idea of where to hang. I lowered it a bit and turned down the intensity and seems to be perfect.

This is the app in case anyone is interested -

I run similar lights, and have them at 60% intensity @ 24" for veg (I work up to that from seedling through about week 3), 80% @ 24" a week before flip, 100% @ 18" for a week after flip on through flower, and finally 80% at 12"-14" for the last 2 weeks of flower. (Sound funny with lower power, yes, but closer light, so it gives a little extra bump in PPFD.)

Back
Top Bottom