Harder than Golf?

The Deep Water Culture Home < Link
I posted this in the BH Home Thread last week:

I had THREE new and different growers have problems with SPOTS on their leaves this week. Upon looking at some charts and comparison pics, they all needed the Botonicare Supplement CAL-MAG. They all had deficiencies.
But when I looked further, they all 3 were keeping the pH at 6.0 and lower, as often or as much as they possible can.

Look at these charts, both show HYDRO and SOIL ph levels that nutrients are digested.
You might want to book mark this page, many new growers have this same problem.....and often too.

In this chart, Hydro is on the left, you see the plant only gets P and MG at 5.9 and higher:

nutrient_chart_454.gif

pH_Chart2.jpg

Note that above a pH of 6.0 is where the CAL and Mag and Pot and Nitrogen are most digested or absorbed, especially the CA and Mag. To absorb ALL nutes, the pH should be allowed to flucuate up and down to get all the nutes. if you do not understand the chart, then ask. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR RAPID HEALTHY GROWTH!

My PH for since the res change a few days ago has been 6.1-6.4. When I saw spots on the new leaves on one plant I decided to start foliar feeding the plant cutting edge solutions version of cal-mag. I've also been using a compost tea call hum-tea.

They are on 18/6 and I'm waiting for the lights to come back on before I can get some pics... I think, this grow has been a disaster from the get go. I have four other plants that were only "experimental," so I could learn... That are rocking and rolling! But these.... I think they've just seen too much stress and I'm wondering if I can salvage them.

I'll get the pics up later this evening.

Also, I have been doing the foliar feeding right after the lights turn off for the cycle. But I've been told since I only use LED that they shouldn't get burned even if I foliar feed under the lights. I also use a wetting agent so the water doesn't bead on the leaves.

Here's the pics I promised... I have been doing foliar feeding calcium and magnesium and a compost tea. They seem to be responding well. I have also been trying to find the best way to monitor and adjust ph in these funky resevoirs I have. I think I'm dialing it in and the nutrient mix I now have seems to be ph stable. I've got them at 6.0. Thanks again for all the help and if you see anything in these pics that can help me learn...

Also, on the first pic, is that a ball sack I'm seeing or something else?

Hey guys,

wanted to thank you all again for the wisdom. I just started 4th week of flower and its going well. I changed the mixture of nutes and now my ph stays at 6.0 all week long. It really made a difference. Anyway, here are some pics I took a few days ago. I will post more pics just before harvest.. Thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom