Harder than Golf?

This is really harder than learning golf!

I have pictures showing my issues.. Plant issues I mean. Then after a description of what I am running. I greatly appreciate any opinions.
Thanks in advance.

Say hello to my SS Chronic Feminized.

Re: Harder than Golf???

IMG_08555.JPG

IMG_08565.JPG

IMG_08586.JPG

IMG_08598.JPG

IMG_08605.JPG

IMG_08614.JPG

IMG_08655.JPG

Harder than golf? Man, it 's like riding a bike, you have to "get it" and then you "got it"!

Looks like a little over feeding to me, would be my first guess. Just dilute your water with some more plain pHed water and see if that helps. Cut back on the nutes a day or two.

:peace:

Harder than golf?

NOTHING is harder than golf, man!

-We need to know the nutes,temps,RF,h20 source, medium watts/foot ect. ect.

These are Serious Seeds Chronic from Feminized seeds. They are in week 5 from seed.

Lights: 2 90 watt prosource 5 spectrum ufo's. 3 40 watt 2700k flouresents.
CO2 running normally.
Ebb and Flow Hydro system
6 inch rockwool cubes
18/6 schedule
ph 5.5-6.5 swings daily
temp 78
humidity swings between 50-65, in low 60's during watering.
Cutting Edge Solutions 3 part nutes and 3 part additives including mag etc.
Plants are 8-9 inches.

I am currently running the pump 3 times daily during the light cycle for 15 minutes.
The nutes are at recommended strength at 1500 ppm. Spoke with the owner of the company, at length, and he swears it needs to be run at full strength.

So, I have multiple issues. Too much water, not enough water?
There are obviously some defficiencies. But I am concerned how the leaves at the top all of a sudden are a little wilted looking... Any help would greatly be appreciated.

airstone in water? what is the water's source? well, city, other...

im no rockwool guy, but 15 mins 3x a day, for babies, seems like they better know how to swim real well. :p How deep is the flood?

How does the ppm and ph of the run off compare to fresh nutes?

Yes, I have an air snake in the water. Same thing just disperses air a little more evenly. I use city water that needs to be ph'd down but its not to hard. about 150 ppm.

The ph rises about .8 daily. The flood is about 1/2 the cube.
PPM is staying about the same.

So, maybe I should back it off to 2 waterings a day?

Me, too. Tomorrow I will cut back to 75% and and re-fill the res. I will also cut the watering to 2 times a day starting now.

So, am I to understand that because there are too many nutrients that some of the critical ones are getting locked out?

Thanks again.

I would flush with plain ph's water for a day... then go to 75%. Just to be safe.

look for the 8 step recovery guide there

Hey Roseman,

thanks for the tips. I read your guide and it was very cool. I have a couple of questions since you've seen pics of my grow. I'm not Deep Water Culture, but ebb and flow. What you see of my plants is a tray sitting on top of the resevoir similar to Deep Water Culture, but no holes. A pump floods the tray and the cubes for 15 minutes at a time.

So, the real question, after reading your guide is, do I have too many plants in there. I have trellis to tie everything up when they are ready, but leaves are already crowding?

The second question is this, I may be brand new, but I'm thinking about going the Deep Water Culture way for the next grow. I don't think it would be hard to convert what I already have or expensive. But for now, I just want to get my ladies healthy..

Thanks again for the support.
:peace:

As far as plant count... When you buy seeds they tell you x amount per cubic yard. Is that dependent on maxing out the plant count, or will half the plants with more room to grow produce as much.

I'd like to dial this in for my next cycle.

Thanks

As far as plant count... When you buy seeds they tell you x amount per cubic yard. Is that dependent on maxing out the plant count, or will half the plants with more room to grow produce as much.

I'd like to dial this in for my next cycle.

Thanks

I'd put that at the # 3 biggest arguement about growing, under HID vs CFL lights, and Soil vs Hydro.

Will 6 plants spread out yield as much as 12 plants very close together?
Will 12 plants crammed close together yield more than 6 plants spread out and given a lot of space?

I side with the SOG growers, who make up half of the growers that say 12 crammed together is better than 6 spread out. Its a matter of opinion.....and much debate bro.

Dude, I'm a soil grower. Man, that looks like a PH problem. I know you want to hear it's a nute thing...and it might be. But the biggest thing I've ever learned about growing weed is get the PH right.

I live on the front range of Colorado and my PH is not good. Around 7.8. My first grow I had a crappy Milwaukee Ph meter and my plants looked just like yours. I bought a new PH meter, did nothing else, and my plants look great now.

I'm no expert, but in my little time of growing, I've realized proper PH is incredibly important.

Actually I don't have a bias on what I hear. I'm all ears, and although some of your opinions vary, you all have something of value. I'm good at picking out the best of each, and all have some cominality. I do have a milwaukee ph meter. However, it is balls on to the test kit with the drops. Now, I'd love to have 200 to spend on another meter. But a lot of folks on this site swear by them. I've also gone only with a simple blend of nutes at 1/2 schedule and will monitor over the next couple days.

I still love this process even though its sorta a pain. Thanks again for the advice.

Hey guys,

I have done all the things... Gone 3/4 nutes. Flood twice a day for 15 minutes. However, the newest leaves have started showing deficiences... So, I don't know what do do.. My ph is dialed in at 6.0.

One thing. I found that the timer for the co2 dropped on the floor and the switch was knocked on. So, co2 has been going for I don't know how long. I don't know if this can adversely affect the plants..

Again guys, thanks for the help in advance.

Back
Top Bottom