Harvest 12 Days Early, Cover, Or Whether Two Days Of Rain?

Harvest 12 Days Early, Cover and Ventilate, Or Whether the Storm?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigboerboel

I'm about 15 days from harvest (mid-week 7) with a pure Indica strain. Still some white hairs, but 15%-20% amber trichs on sugar leaves. A couple amber here and there on the calyxes, but everything is at least cloudy.

Temps have been around 90-103 for a week, with 40% RH, but temps are dropping with a cool storm coming in three days. Temps will drop to low 70s with 80% humidity and rain showers.

Would you guys harvest early, put a makeshift plastic roof over them and a fan until the rain passes, or just take your chances with the high RH, cool weather, and rain for a couple days?

Thanks again.

Best way to help them dry after a rain is grab the main stem about half way up it's length and give them a good shake. If you're worried about stem snapping you can shake each bud gently to get the water out. When the rain is done and you've shaken out the excess it'd help to ventilate or get solid airflow over them and of course some direct sun. Time to pray to the sun gods.

I'm not worried about rain. I'm worried about the mold that comes afterwards.
Molds and mildews takes 3 to 4 weeks to show up after first landing on the plant. If you see mold show up in 15 days figure that the stuff has been on the plant for 7 to 15 days already. I have been spraying my two outdoor plants on a regular basis with a Citric Acid mix since late July. I know some is still there, I can see it, but so far this year it is under control.

Molds and mildews grow best in a warm weather. Warm and dry with a nice breeze is when the spores spread. Warm and damp and the spores will start to grow. The cooler the weather the slower the growth which is why we put foods in a fridge.

Molds and mildews takes 3 to 4 weeks to show up after first landing on the plant. If you see mold show up in 15 days figure that the stuff has been on the plant for 7 to 15 days already. I have been spraying my two outdoor plants on a regular basis with a Citric Acid mix since late July. I know some is still there, I can see it, but so far this year it is under control.

Molds and mildews grow best in a warm weather. Warm and dry with a nice breeze is when the spores spread. Warm and damp and the spores will start to grow. The cooler the weather the slower the growth which is why we put foods in a fridge.
Well it's 102 today with 75% humidity and a tropical storm coming up from Baja tonight. Rain expected for two days with temps in the 90s and 15-20 mph winds. In 15 days I can make a mold snowman!

I grow in cloth bags 2 on a wagon and before I was able to pull under shelter I had christmas tree clear disposal bags I placed over the plants, worked well. If they did get rained on I gave each cola a shake, but since I watch the weather like a hawk that wasnt often. I share you fear of bud rot.

We have the potential to get up to 3" of rain overnight. It's no longer about mold. Now it's just about keeping them standing.

I am one anal retentive SOB...

20220909_161920.jpg

20220909_183751.jpg

In 15 days I can make a mold snowman!
Because the mildew is already there on the leaves.

The cover over the plants will help keep the rain off the leaves and that can become an advantage right now. Spray the plants with a mixture that kills and prevents the spreading of mildew and mold spores since the rains will not wash it off. One way to try to stay ahead of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom