Harvest is here - Need to ask a question

HeartWW

I am growing White Widow in soil, HPS & CFL's. Harvest time is here but do to travel, I am worried about dry and cure. Can I harvest the branches and put them in the freezer until I return? Then I would dry and cure. Anyone done this before and what was the outcome. I could not have done this grow without all of the awesome posts and willing people to answere dumb questions. ( Thanks in Advance )

Re: Harvest is here. Need to ask a question.

how long you gonna be gone? if its a couple weeks you could just let them dry, the longer the better no harm will come to them if you left them hanging for 2 weeks and only intended for 1.

I am growing White Widow in soil, HPS & CFL's. Harvest time is here but do to travel, I am worried about dry and cure. Can I harvest the branches and put them in the freezer until I return? Then I would dry and cure. Anyone done this before and what was the outcome. I could not have done this grow without all of the awesome posts and willing people to answere dumb questions. ( Thanks in Advance )

dont put her in the freezer I have read that would cause your trichs to rupture and come off your bud.like exile said if just for a couple of weeks hang her in the dark with some air moving should be ok. or you can leave her in the soil and put her in the dark and she will slowly dry like that just a suggestion:peace:

I will be gone a week. I was worried she would be too dry to cure when I get back. I'll hang her in my grow tent until I get back and hope she keeps. Thanks for the help.

no problem there boss it will take atleast aweek to dry. pending on humidity

keep a fan blowing on it, keep it on low, it should prolong the dry time by a couple days so when you get back it will be like a couple days instead of a week

keep a fan blowing on it, keep it on low, it should prolong the dry time by a couple days so when you get back it will be like a couple days instead of a week

Fan makes it dry slower?? Hmm. How can I enjoy a vacation knowing she is hanging and waiting over at the Lab? May have to cut it short by a day or two. Thaks again for the assistance. I would have frozen her to death.

Fan makes it dry slower?? Hmm. How can I enjoy a vacation knowing she is hanging and waiting over at the Lab? May have to cut it short by a day or two. Thaks again for the assistance. I would have frozen her to death.
I dont think a fan will slow it down. imo it will speed it up if its blowing right on her, but you do need air movement because if you just put her in a dark place with no air circulation you stand the chance of mold growing on your buds (very bad) but if its dark and air is moving a week should be about right:circle-of-love:

if you have a window screen you can lay your girl on that have it so air can get circulation all around. that will cause your buds to compress a bit and slow it down a bit more:) good luck youll be ok:peace:

They'll be totally fine dude ;) You want to keep your buds hanging for a good week or more before curing anyway.. I usually keep my buds hung in a cardboard box for 1 & 1/2 - 2 weeks in a warm, dry place, opening the box every few hours to let them breathe.. But if you do as these guys say and hang up your buds with a small fan, not pointed directly at your buds, they'll be fine while you're away. I had a White Russian last year that stank to high heaven while drying, so bear that in mind if you need to worry about the smell.

I wouldn't recommend freezing or freeze-drying your bud either as this locks in the chlorophyll and stops it degrading, leaving a bitter harsh taste that's bound to ruin your smoke!

This place is a gold mine of info. I can't thank everyone enough. It was a sad day today. Had to put out twin Clones to live outdoors and I harvested the White Widow mom. She was beautiful. I can't believe how attached I was to these gals. I slow dried a sample bud and it kicked my Arse!! . Love it.

dont be to sad. thats why you grow. although I feel your pain. but a little smoke and alittle trim and the memories will poor into your head of when she was just a little seed(snff sniff)and how she came shoosting from the ground. growing like a weed. a couple of leaves at a time only to return the love that you showed her, gee Im getting choked up now.lol so soldier on and keep your chin up and soon YOU CAN HACK ANOTHER ONE OF THEM BITCHES HAHAHHAAHA:peace:

Back
Top Bottom