Harvesting in the rain

spysmasherr

So I planned to do a harvest today, Sunday. But this is the 8th week in a row of rain. I would wait it out a week or so but we will be getting frost most likely on the east coast where I am. Can I chop down in the rain and hang the few plants near a semi warm environment(boiler) to dry out and then move to my room for regular drying in a day or two or can I let them hang wet and dry like normal? I got some good genetics and some HuGe nuggets I'd hate to jeopardize. Thanks in advance.
spysmasher

You should be fine chopping them wet, as long as you hang them spaced apart with plenty of ventilation, try and keep the humidity down to 60 or lower, keep air circulating but not blowing directly on the buds... You could also put them on a towel and lightly pat them dry prior to hanging. Some of us do a "bud wash" when we chop. That entails dunking the whole buds in buckets of water, I do a quick trim prior to bud washing. It would also be a good idea for you to do a quick trim, taking off most of the fan leaves prior to hanging.

Happy Harvesting!

:hookah:

In upstate NY and cut the last of the photos this morning in the rain and is hanging in the garage to dry with a fan on it to help prevent mold because of the extra moisture. Have also cut a few plants last week in the rain and they are almost ready to trim. When it is cooler I think the fan prevents the wet plants from getting moldy, even though a lot of people say a fan isn't necessary or good for a top quality product.

So I've heard of the "bud wash" which I don't really get but I think patting them down a bit with a towel sounds like a good idea. Gonna go out in the rain and do some chopping. I got tahoe OG kush and Gorilla zkittles waiting :)
spy
Sounds great! Post some pictures!

:passitleft:

So I've heard of the "bud wash" which I don't really get but I think patting them down a bit with a towel sounds like a good idea. Gonna go out in the rain and do some chopping. I got tahoe OG kush and Gorilla zkittles waiting :)
spy
Chop them and get them out of the rain.

Back
Top Bottom