Dry in the pot

yesum

I have done this a few times. Take the potted plant out of the light set it in dark or semi dark area and just stop watering it. It will be ready in about 2 weeks, here in socal it is dry most of the time. Just squeeze the buds to check it and when they are crisp but not crumbly it will be done. No jar time needed. Easiest way there is and it makes for a great smoke.

Other easy way is to chop the whole plant and hang it. Takes a week or more to get dry. No trimming of fan leaves with either method.

Never heard of dry in the pot before. I may give it a try. I have already tested the entire plant hanged and was pretty happy with the results. I also tried to use paperbags for 13 days to keep dry slow. It worked pretty well and it s the first time I can see the green of the chlorophyll has almost gone. I did that monitoring RH everyday to watch it going down every day till the 62% mark then jar. Even after 1 month of jar I don't like the result at all. I feel like I have wasted an entire plant (which yielded more than 150 grams). I feel the smoke harsher and way less pleasant than the one dried using the hang down method then curing. My thoughts was that slowly drying to reach 62% of RH would decrease a lot length of curing. So in fact taste hasn't changed a lot but it smells more like brown paperbags than weed and smoke unpleasant. Just to share cause I know some people will defend curing process etc... This my experience so maybe I did something wrong but I promise it was the first time I put so much care in drying weed the best I can. I have a friend who harvested and just let the buds drying on the branches and his weed without any curing was better than mine. Maybe it s also the strain cause I m not a fan of the taste of both plants even the best one doesn't taste like weed enough (Monster Profit strains for both plants). I needed to share that

Try it. Over thinking causes problems more than solving them. Using RH meters and doing all kinds of intensive stuff appeal to some, I just think it is not necessary.

Try it. Over thinking causes problems more than solving them. Using RH meters and doing all kinds of intensive stuff appeal to some, I just think it is not necessary.

That's exactly my mood now! I remember how I was happy of my second grow (I really did bad on drying the first one) and at that time I didn't have any hygrometer neither boveda packs

I’ve never done it, but I always dry up my potted plants by cutting off water for the last 5-7 days. Some will crash early and some will not, but that’s how you get maximum trich cover and nice bouquet of terpenes. It cuts on the drying time later too, which is not always desirable, but gives you a nice, smooth smoke... if you grow correctly of course :)

Back
Top Bottom