Has anyone ever tried 18 light / 13 dark cycle before?

bongchong

Hello, I'm wondering what a 31 hour day would do too a marijuana plant. I'm hoping that it would create a faster heavier yield. Any takers?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have a good digital timer to take care of the logistics. .

Thanks for the reply, but what would happen? Would it go back into veg because of the 18 hours of light? Then flip back to bud because of the 13 hour dark period? Just wondering. Might set up an experiment if I can get enough interest. .

Somebody was talking about this on here recently I think. Possibly feral and his journal... don't think they had tried it yet but they were asking a similar question to this. I'll do some digging.

Plants need at least 12 hours for flowering. If they get less then that they will reveg if flowering. Also not to mention the stress and possibility herm.

Sent from my SM-T217S using 420

I'm not so sure about that last comment - somewhere between 13 hours darkness and 10 or even 9 hours darkness in a 24 hour day seems to be the zone where they will flower. Kind of depends on the plant genetics I suppose. Some sativas do best on 11/13 or 10/14 while I had one plant start flowering early on 15/9
I do wonder about the longer days though. Like running an 18/12 day/night or something like that.
We discussed it a teeny bit on Spitz's thread here. Flowering at 14/10?
He decided to go with 13/11 I think.
If you start something and document it in a journal I'd like to sub in to see.
One thing I did which may come in handy for you if you run oddball light cycles, is to make an indicator light outside the flowering room door so you know when the lights are on. I have a couple little night lights as indicators outside the room, run from the timers that power my flowering lights. When those lights come on I can tell from outside. I had too many screw ups in the past with timer malfunctions and such.

Thanks, that nightlight idea is a good one. I'll definitely post here if I do try the 13/18 experiment though. .

Back
Top Bottom