Has anyone actually tried the 72 hours dark period before flowering?

Mac Lean

Does it really make sex show faster?
Does it do any harm to the plant?
From a 18/6 light cycle, should I go directly to 12/12 after the 72 dark hours?
Thank you, guys! :peace:

Can't say I've heard of that either.
72 hours of dark before harvesting maybe ....
Now I'm curious ........?
Cheers

It gives your girls a little more of a nudge to try and tell them it flowering time I do a 24 to 30 hour dark period and notice the difference when I go back into my room, sometimes your girls can take a couple weeks even 3 to show sex. You never know until you try it and then you'll know if it's for you but I wouldn't do 72. Just make sure your girls have plenty of water and are good for a few days and give it a go.

72 hours might be a little long for the plant to go without light when flipping. It definitely works when done right before harvest but during the flip from veg to flower idk if it helps that much. Maybe it does jump start them, but on the other hand if you never did anything, you would have another 2 days of light for the plant, meaning the amount of 'growth' noticed might be the same in either scenario. Just food for thought.

I think he means right before pulling them down. I have a thread asking for results of added darkness right before you hang them and got crap for answers. I've done it and seen very Lil if any added results

Feminized seed can show sex some where between the 5th to 8th week off veg on average.

Regular seed take a little longer tho... but when forced by 12/12 may take several days to a couple of weeks to show sex.

Ye i've heard of total darkness before flowering any where from 24 to 72 hours but never tried it ! but suppose to speed up the transition into flowering...

Done some regular seed grows but got annoyed with X amount of males etc all a roll of the dice really & soon changed to fem seeds which are all girls & saves wasting space 'n' time.

Thanks for replying, guys!
I read that around the web in more than one website, so I wanted to know if it was true or not.
I think I'll just be patient... :Namaste:

Three days ago, I switched directly from 18/6 to 12/12. Today when I got out of bed, the pistols where definitely showing.

2014-12-13_09_00_30.jpg

Bagmand out\\

Niiice!

The reason I wanted to do it as fast as possible is because I got the seed from a random smoke bag, so I really want to see if it will turn out female or not.
But fuck it, I'll wait, got another one (female) nearing harvest already, so... :cheer:

You have the option of putting it on to flower until it shows it's sex. You can then switch it back in to veg again. It's possible, but it will stress the plant a little bit.

You can also take a clone of your plant. Put that in to flower, and let it reveal it's sex :)

Bagmand out\\

36 hours dark b4 you put them in to 12/12 it lets them no that flowering is coming they shud start to flower bwithin 2 weeks. my 2 cents but 72 hours is to long and no need as no difference to 36 hours

Back
Top Bottom