Hash.

HeadMed

I can make water/bubble hash.... but I would like sugestions on making oil/goo/wax..

can anyone point me in the right direction?

Boss

Your a scholar and a gentleman... (alien)

I tried a similar technique with the lame everclear (75%) we can get legally in cali. I ground my 1/4oz shake (coffee grinder) mixed into about a cup and a half of said same lame everclear, let it set for 4 weeks in a dark closet. Then strained it through a coffee filter and re-bottled the resultant green liquid.

About a week latter a fellow patient and I mixed it with some sprite and a little honey to make a cocktail I'd heard of called "Green Dragon".

It was a definite make no plans kinda drink. 20 minutes and down for the count. (1 part treated alc. to 3 parts sprite in an old fasioned glass (highball?)).

I tried evaporating the rest in a glass pan and was left with almost nothing, just a thin powdery slightly stick residue that I added to my keif stash.

In greater quantities would this have produced more of a goo like hash?

This is the best I can do for now. I'll look for other recipes/instructions tomorrow. I got this recipe from a Tripod site by the name of "Medicated Goo". I don't know exactly who the author is, but he seems to know what he's doing.

Basic Goo

Quick and easy from scratch (the better the input material, the
[~1/4 lb. material] better the resulting oil will be!)

- Grind material to a powder using a blender, then place in a one
quart mason jar.
- Place 500 ml of pet. ether in jar, seal firmly, and GENTLY
shake once or twice. Unscrew lid to release pressure. Repeat
the shaking and pressure releasing a few more times until little
or no pressure is heard when the lid is unscrewed.
- Now shake the tightly sealed jar vigorously for 5 minutes, then
seperate liquid from plant material using a coffee filter. Save
the liquid in a seperate container, and place the plant material
back into mason jar.
- Repeat with 150 ml of pet. ether - shaking for 5 minutes, then
saving liquid, then repeat one more time with another 150 ml of
pet. ether for a total of 3 extractions of the plant material.
On the last extraction of the material, manually squeeze out as
much liquid from the material as possible.
- Place all of the collected liquid (pet.ether & oil) in a shallow
pyrex baking dish, and place dish in front of fan positioned to
exhaust the pet.ether fumes outdoors. Before too long, what will
be left in the pan will be 2 to 6 grams of a sticky resinous
substance varying in color from green to brown... the basic goo.

But petroleum ether is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to work with. I can't stress this enough. Don't make hash oil using this method unless you have an extremely well-ventilated work area and there is no possible chance the ether can come into contact with spark or flame. Petroleum ether is much more flammable than gasoline. I would also strongly advise not to try to hasten the evaporation process by putting the petroleum ether/oil mixture on the stove, even on low heat. Also, make sure it's fully evaporated before you collect and smoke it. If you can still smell the ether at all, I'd recommend letting it evaporate longer. I hope this helped.

is that petrol (Gas!!!?) and ether or just one or the other, you think? I;ve heard of butane has oil, but the only butane I've run into is in a can and almost immediately turns to a gas form when released.

(your a scholar gentleman too Johny.... thanks)

Thanks, JT! Here's some information from Wikipedia to clarify what exactly petroleum ether is. It still isn't that informative though. I'll look for more information tomorrow if you haven't had any luck finding anything. Just let me know. :)

Petroleum ether, also known as benzine, X4 or Ligroin, is a group of various volatile, highly flammable, liquid hydrocarbon mixtures used chiefly as nonpolar solvents.

Petroleum ether is obtained from petroleum refineries as the portion of the distillate which is intermediate between the lighter naphtha and the heavier kerosene. It has a specific gravity of between 0.6 and 0.8 depending on its composition.

Benzine should not be confused with benzene. Benzine is a mixture of alkanes, e.g., pentane, hexane, and heptane, whereas benzene is a cyclic, aromatic hydrocarbon, C6H6. Likewise, petroleum ether should not be confused with the class of organic compounds called ethers, which contain the -O- functional group.

I also forgot to mention that it is extremely difficult to obtain. I've seen containers of pet. ether, but only because one of my friends' fathers works with chemicals for a living. That's why on Wednesday I'm going to try and find some easier methods for you. I have class tonight, and during the day I want to get a head-start on the argumentative research essay I'm going to be working on. The topic is very important to me (Canada's medical marijuana situation), so I want to make sure I do a good job on it. But for now, I'm gonna go hit a bowl and then hit the hay. Good night and good luck. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have been using some kind of Ether at work to start an old diesel fork lift all winter long. I will check the can tomorrow at work to see what kind it is. I had to pick up a case of it last Nov. and got it from a heavy equipment supply store. I will report my findings tomorrow. I know that this stuff evaporates almost instantly even at -15C.

Why not just make butane honey oil (BHO) using butane lighter fluid?

Butane honey oil was responsible for one of my favourite highs I've ever experienced. I helped one of my cousin's ex-boyfriend make a batch a few years ago. I believe we got around a gram of honey oil per 100 grams of clippings. I can't remember exactly though.

I was going to post a butane honey oil tutorial, but the one I found used a copper pipe for the chamber, so I decided against posting it. I believe there's a product out there made for this specific purpose, and it makes the process a lot easier, but I can't remember the exact name of it. All I can rememeber is it had the words "honey" and "extractor" in the name. It's what we used, and it worked quite well. Too bad he cheated on my cousin and we're no longer on speaking terms, because he'd have been able to tell me the name of the product and exactly how to make it. I'll look around.

Honey Oil? crap I've been following this thread for a while now didnt know thats what yous wanted. Butane is the easy quick way, as with anything to do with the mighty herb time and patience pays big dividends. True kick ass honey oil is made with Isopropinol or how ever you spell it. 99.9% PURE ONLY, can be picked up at most grow shops.

ITEMS NEEDED

7 grams Pot
500ml Isopropinol
4 glass jars and 1 smaller glass jar (clean with Iso and coffee filters)
unbleached coffee filters (go buy a package of 50-100)
2 funnels ( can be made with cutting the top off 2 liter pop bottles)
1 or 2 glass pie baking plates
2 Stanley rectangular razor blades ( the kind with the sharp edge on one side and folded metal on the other side)
1 fan
well ventilated area ( dont fuck around with this part )

Now the RULE OF THUMB is.... the better your pot the better the oil. Keep this in mind, it how ever does not mean that bad pot will make bad oil... it just wont be great oil. If you have some shitty pot the oil will taste better, but you will have less of it.

But if you have some great bud that blows everybody away then this oil will leave them speech less. Warning this smoke is very condensed THC, a drop the size of a pinhead on knives is usually the most that people can handle. I myself turning 40 this summer can no longer handle the strength of this oil and have stopped making it 3yrs ago. Take this warning seriously should not be given to people who are sick or weak( only with knives, it's ok to spread on a paper and smoke slowly, but is a real waste as most of the smoke goes in the air)

Ok I have 2 techniques but only one will be explained today. The other way will be for when you get this style down perfectly.

step 1: Take your best bud and chop it up like you would to smoke a joint.
step 2: Grab a coffee filter and stuff it inside a funnel and place it into a glass jar. not the small one.
step 3: Toss the bud in the funnel with the filter.
step 4: Slowly pour the Iso over the bud (try to just cover the bud with Iso) try to use very little Iso for this step, the more you use the more you have to cook off. This is your first wash.
step 5: Let bud drain ( this can take up to 20min )
step 6: Move funnel and bud to second jar and slowly pour Iso over bud again just covering the bud.
step 7: Take second funnel and put a filter in it and place it in the third jar.
step 8: Take your first wash and pour it into the second funnel.( Kinda like a second filtering to remove some of the fine particles)
step 9: Do the same with the second wash. place it in the fourth jar.
step 10: Now you can do a third wash if you like and you will still get oil from it but the quality would be about the same as most street level oils, poor.
step 11: Take your first wash and pour it into your pie plate.
step 12: Take your pie plate and stuff it up your ass. (I thought I would throw that in to see if you were paying attention)
step 13: Take your pie plate to the stove. Open a window turn on the fan to low. make sure the fan will blow across the pie plate and towards the window.
step 14: Turn the stove on low and place pie plate on burner. For FUKSAKE dont blow your self up, this stuff is almost pure alcohol. do not rush it by turning the heat up. Once again Serious. ( If nervous about the heat thing place pie plate over pot of boiling water)
step 15: When reducing the Iso stir like you would panning for gold. Grab pie plate and make slow circular motions and be careful near the end of reducing the Iso. If you feel the bottom of the pie plate you will notice that it is cold even though you are applying heat. As you reach the end of the evaporation however you can heat up the oil, be careful you dont want to heat the oil. Feel the bottom of the pie plate with your hand constantly in order to regulate the heat. It should be warm to the touch and not hot. Keep the sink full of ice cold water in case you overheat the pie plate. Try and not get any water in the oil of course. Do not attempt if you live in an apartment or if you live in a basement suite, the smell is bad when reducing.

the small jar that I forgot about is for holding the funnel when juggling the other jars. Its late hope I didnt forget anything I will check this tomorrow and make sure I didnt. Any questions get em in and I will answer them when I log on

So for pie plate insertion... do you recommend round, or do you prefer the square corners? ;) :rofl:

Thanks I appreciate it. I think I can get this done without blowing my self up.

A square pie plate works great when it comes to scraping the oil but is some times harder to use when cooking or reducing. The round is the opposite, your choice.

This technique is hard to do well. It will take a couple of times to get it right, that is why I used only a small amount of herb (7 g ). I have decided to make a small batch to remind myself of anything that might help me explain this better. If I had a camera I would make a video for you guys.

Also do not mix the first and second wash together. If you wait till the weekend I will make a batch, measure everything and that will help guide you better. This is really hard to explain so that you will be successful first try.

Look for a honey color on your first wash.
Look for a cherry color on your second wash.
Look for a black cherry color on your third wash.
Oil turned green throw it out. you soaked it to long.

Dont soak your pot for 5 min and expect to get more honey oil. You will end up with more cherry or second wash. Your opportunity for the honey lost.
Dont over heat the pie plates if it is too hot for your hand its too hot for the oil.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom