Having an issue with pests

go4snypr

3 plants in veg under a MH light (600w)
2 clones (royal queen critical)
1 seed (pineapple chunk i believe)
temps are in the 70's
ph is 5.6-6.2 (i let it drift)
growin in rock wool
hand watering every day or every 2 days (depending on weight)
GH floraseries @ 500ppm with calmag, Armour Si, and flora blend
using R.O water

I have this going on. I know I have fungus gnats just hoping I do not have spider mites.. The damage almost looks like spider mites but doesn't at the same time.. .Just looking for a couple of opinions. The damage is worse on the 2 clones than on the seeded plant. I have checked the under sides of the leaves and don't see anything moving. Is it possible the gnats are causing this ?? I have also been spraying with safers soap....
20150325_192517.jpg
20150325_192528.jpg

Re: Having an issue with pests...

With fungus gnats it's the roots you have to worry about, the larvae get in the soil and start chewing on roots, hairs etc. So if the larvae are eating at the roots your plant could show all kinds of symptoms, even what looks like mites...and it kinda does.

First thing is to keep top of soil dry, fungus loves warm & wet, if you can keep the top inch or two drier it would help kill off the larvae. Also some sticky cards to catch the flying beasts. I would give them some root assist tea and try to keep top of soil dry.

How about powdery mildew? I know nothing about it except it does cause white spots on the leaves. If that was all mite damage you would have a lot of them crawling around.

Have you seen spider mites before? in case you haven't they are so tiny you might not spot them easily... I would check again closely just in case...use a loop if you have one. Good luck

I have seen mites before, I know they are small but the under sides of my leaves look very clean. As for keeping the soil dry, it is rock wool not soil, unfortunately I have to water almost daily as the cubes dry out fast. I do have a few sticky traps for the fliers and my plants in flower have more gnats that the ones in veg and they are not exhibiting the same symptoms.

I just meant- by the time the white stippling from the mites got to that level shown- the infestation would be fairly obvious- especially if you're already looking

Back
Top Bottom