Having weird effects from Sativas

TalKamar68

420 Member
Hey everyone, so I'm not new to marijuana, but recently we just got out MMJ cards here where I live. Went to some great dispensaries and got a whole bunch of different strains to try, and got 1/8ths of the strains I've been reading about for months and guessing would be the best for me. I'm a naturally upbeat kind of guy in my private life. Love having fun and I'm VERY active. So when I read about really really good Sativa's, those sound like my jam and what I'll love the most. Plus I've tried some before and they always seem to get me where I want to be. Whereas the few Indica's I've had were not my thing and I didn't like the stoned mind feeling, brain fog, horrible memory, no ability to think, just staring at a wall for hours and couch locked. That doesn't sound like a fun or good high to me, so I naturally seem to gravitate towards Sativa's.

So basically I've been reading a TON of reviews and it "seems" like your super high end Sativa's or Sativa hybrids would be my jam. EVERYONE says they are super happy, super euphoric, super high, relaxed, focused, creative, amazing ideas flowing through your mind, laughing at everything, feel amazing, and just feeling Irie etc etc etc. And yet, so far, only 1 of 5 sativa's have given me a good high like that?! ALL the rest were duds and almost the exact opposite of how EVERYBODY describes them. And these buds are not crap. They are not too dry, but not moist, covered in trichromes, and smell so strong!

So for example I've tried:
SuperLemonHaze
Jack Herer
Candyland
Sunshine #4
Tangie
Strawberry Cough, and I might be missing one. And I've tried some of them twice now!

But you get the point, all CLASSIC known super high, super happy, super chill, super euphoric, super giggly, super energy, super creative, all star strains. And yet, the only one of those that has given me a good Sativa high and feels like how all the reviews mention is Tangie. It was incredible and sent me to outerspace in my mind for about an hr. Then just had this awesome ride of euphoria, happiness, laughing at everything, chill, creative, crazy ideas that are so cool or funny, etc etc. Just awesome.

But all the other ones have been some form of a let down or a huge let down and don't give me any of the effects they are best known for? REALLY REALLY confused and wondering what the hell is wrong with this herb or me. I didn't have the exact same trip on all the rest. But they can all sort of be summed up like this:

- kind of or very spaced out in my mind and not in a good way. Like when I'm high on Thin Mints or Gelato, I of course am out of my mind high. But it's a good feeling. Not a bad feeling. And even though it's hard to concentrate on a story or flesh out the crazy good idea, it still feels like a positive fun thing while it's happening. It's like I'm completely devoid of thought or ability to think as everything that I think is instantly lost. It felt very unnerving and not good. Brain fog type feeling, like it's impossible to remember anything, and it's not funny, like when I'm high on a good strain. The Super Lemon Haze was especially weird and not a good feeling. I was literally stoned in my mind, not my body! And everything was hyper focused on dumb or sad or bad things and unable to get out of that. No happy, no euphoria, no laughing, no creative hilarious thoughts, no energy, nothing! Just cold, devoid of ability to think well feelings and thoughts. Which was HUGELLLLYYYY disappointing as I went out of my way to a dispensary that had really good SLH just so I could get it, as I've read about it forever and EVERY SINGLE person says it's one of the happiest best highs they have ever had in their life. Even still to this day with all of these crazy hybrids being bred by the minute, SLH is in their top 3 of all time, and yet it felt really odd and almost completely devoid of all these super happy feelings everyone describes!? WHY!?!

- sort of a cold distant feeling, like I'm not part of the experience. With other good highs, I feel very alive and in the moment and so happy to be experiencing this high and what it is offering me. But with these Sativa's, it was very cold and detached.

- not very happy, giggly, or euphoric at all. Almost the exact opposite. They all made me very introspective and ponder bad things. So if I was watching a normal funny show, my brain would pick out the bad parts or the struggling parts and fixate on those things, not the funny parts! It is really obnoxious. And there is almost like a lack of happiness, a lack of euphoria and giggles though a majority of the high. I'm very stoned in my mind and just high, and it doesn't feel all that great. Just like I'm dizzy and disoriented. Sativa's are supposed to make you high, not stoned. And I end up feeling more of the odd indica feeling then any great high in my mind?!?! I feel more high in my mind on Gelato, Jesus OG, Thin Mint Cookies, GSC's, Cookies and Cream, etc. All hybrids and leaning towards the indica side.

- almost no energy at all. SLH actually made me feel exhausted after the first hr of the initial super high part. And CRAZY munchies which is usually reserved for more indica leaning strains I thought? They feel almost like an indica sapping my energy out of me! And a very stoned locked in my brain feeling. Not a HIGH like Sativa's are supposed to have. I have more energy when I vape any Cookie strain (Gelato, Cookies + Cream, Thin Mints, etc) then these Sativa's which are supposed to give you a huge pick me up.

There is more to it than that as far as effects go, as parts of the high were happy, or giggly, or euphoric, but not much. That is sort of the overall feeling they all gave me! The exact opposite in a lot of ways of what it's supposed to do. And I know a good Sativa. The Tangie had me out of my mind and floating around in a bright white light of happiness, euphoria, wonderment, crazy ideas that were just so outlandish but amazing and just high as a kite and it felt incredible! I've also had a few other unknown sativa highs in my life, so I know how it's supposed to feel.

So why in the hell is Super Lemon Haze, or Strawberry Cough, or Jack Herer NOT giving me this high? Why is it the exact opposite? Im all gloomy and introspective like 75% of the time on these strains and I can't figure out why? It's almost impossible to read a bad review of any of those strains. And the only bad thing I've ever read about them is that for some people, they might get a little anxious or paranoid because the strains is too racy! Which I'm having the exact opposite. It's not really racy at all, it's more just disorienting and not a great high and at all like everyone describes.

Just for some background if it helps. I vape maybe 2-3 times a week, I use an Arizer Solo II and I usually vape like this:

Fill the glass stem to within a fraction of the lip so that the bud doesn't touch the oven. Pack it firm, but not tight so there is good air flow. Start out on temp 346 for a few puffs just to get the flavor. Then up it to 366 for 2-3 more puffs. Then 386 for about 4-5 puffs. Then finish it off on 428 (make sure I activate the THCV and any other cannibinoid) and take about 2-3 more puffs. The herb is very brown/olive green and is totally spent. If I do this with every other strain I've tried so far, I get really high and it's an amazing ride.

Thanks

My choice is just the opposite. I tend to take my meds in the evening, and like the indica assist in nodding off. I can relate, as prior to my first harvest I was cruising the dispensaries, looking for something that worked for me. I bought the minimum amount of many strains before settling on a strain for my first grow.

Why grow? The dispensaries could not provide a guaranteed supply of what worked. This has gotten much worse since legalization for recreational use here in Canada. The licensed producers here have ignored their medical customers in their rush to satisfy the recreational market. So for a steady supply of what works, at a far lower price, grow your own.

I can tell you about SLH when it was first released back in 09 somewhere around there it was dynamite i grew it for yrs finally lost the mother ..Then i try ed a new release of slh not the same skunky smelling and couchlock high fat leaves indica dom ..Nothing stays the same . But i made seeds form that original plant it was straight lemon flavour skinny leaves and euphoric high low yields.Just recently ive been running thru these seeds and have found a few similiar.i would look to a private grower im sure there are a few guys around that still have it.

Back
Top Bottom