Health Canada Seed Stock Test Grow

It the point of how the conservative government is trying to enact mandatory minimums for more then 5 plants and how they are ignoring the growing movement towards legalization claiming that canadians they talk to want stricter punishment for marijuana but if it is such a problem you would think they would treat precriptions for cannabis the same opiate prescriptions by which I mean if you have a script of oxycontin and you Dr decides to change your meds to Demerol you have to return the oxycontin , so if cannabis is such a problem they feel they have to put a person in jail for growin 5 plants for a year then they should process any and all changes wether in crease or decrease immiediately not send it back and tell you to resubmit in 6 months at which time it will take another 2-3 months to complete.

I totally agree. I think the whole idea of "5 plants" is ridiculous. I can grow one plant, veg it for 3, 4, or 5 months, flower it and get a yield of say 7 or 8 zips. Then again, I can grow a little autoflowering plant and have a yield of half a zip. How can you even classify those two grows as being equal in any definition of the word? Instead of focusing on how many plants people can grow, this government should be focusing on how to make it legal.

Subscribed. When is projected harvest date?
Welcome aboard and Very good question, As I am growing 2 strains from greenhouse seeds both of which are listed as being 8 week strains but suggest allowing an extra week which will result in higher resin production and a sweeter taste, the strains being El Nino and Great White Shark 12/12 began on march 1 so today makes the 27th day so allowing 5 days and allowing for the extra weeks suggested I am gonna let them go a total of 70days so harvest should be around may 7-10th as a rough guess for the greenhouse strains but the trichromes will make my decision for me as I think I will let them get to about 40% amber 60 cloudy as I am hoping for some serious pain meds if anyone is familar with GWS or El Nino and has any suggestion on what would be best harvest ration in the trichs for really powerful meds to combat a ton of spinal damage as well as pain from sever osteoarthritis would love to hear your opinion.

The health canada strain however seems to be lagging a little behind in development so I am thinking they may be a 10 week strain if this holds true I should be harvesting them around may 14-18th but once again I will harvest depending on what the trichs say.

I wanted to comment I have really found that the combination of Maxibloom ,Big Bud, Liquid Koolbloom along with DNF Black which is a humic acid Soil amendment the DnF black is supposed to help with maintaing healthy microbial life as well aiding in freeing up locked up nutrients as well as helping in convert any dead roots into nutrients, the Gold being fulvic acid is supposed to aid plants in cell division during flowering aiding the plant in developing more flowering sites as well as more essential oils. Also for the first 5 -6 weeks of 12/12 I have been using sns 604B organic flowering stimulator as a foliar feeding every 3 days very lightly so as not to completely drench the plant and as you have seen so far into flowering bud development has been pretty fast , I am planning on a pic update next mondy which will be day 35 of 12/12 or as I am figuring it the 4th week of flower, at which time I am hoping if I have the cash I will be grabbing AN Overdrive for the final faze of flowering.

But just what I have seen the Big bud do I am planning for my next grow after this to do the same strains but using AN Sensi Grow and Bloom A & B big bud ,overdrive,b52 and bud candy hopefully I can get the bloom nutes in there new ppm ph perfect kit which is supposed to run around $200 from what I have heard.

Just a quick action report on feeding today pics coming up on friday which will be day 31 of 12/12 at which point they should have about another 35 days or so left.

Feeding consisted of 3L per plant
Nutrient soultion 1500ppms/ph 6.2 +- .1
2ml big bud/l ,1.25ml liquid koolbloom/l, 5ml dnf black /l, 5ml dnf gold/l 4ml molases/l ,2.5ml floranectar/l,1ml calmag/l,.5ml prosilicate/l,.25ml superthrive/l
1.3g maxibloom (powder )/l

So will update with picks by friday I think it was the perfect time to up the nutrient strength from 1100ppm's as 4-5 of the plants had a couple of the very bottom leaves start to yellow that were obviously the result of nutrients being a touch low.

Should have a pic update up by tomorrow maybe tonight if I can borrow the camera with the macro and super macro functions while heavily medicated:) but I sure hope I can get it tonight.

Okay here we go some pic's these would be either day 30 or 31 of 12/12
DSCF41611.JPG

DSCF4160.JPG

DSCF4159.JPG

DSCF4158.JPG

DSCF4151.JPG

DSCF4148.JPG

DSCF4146.JPG

DSCF4141.JPG

DSCF4140.JPG

DSCF4138.JPG

DSCF41371.JPG

DSCF41361.JPG

DSCF4124.JPG

Next pic is a fav 1 health canada plant forming 2 colas of decent size.
DSCF4109.JPG

DSCF4096.JPG

DSCF4091.JPG

DSCF4086.JPG

Here is a more indica dominant HC pheno the one from earlier with the 2 colas is leaning towards sativa traits.
DSCF40591.JPG

DSCF40652.JPG

DSCF4030.JPG

Here is that Sativa pheno of the HC again
DSCF4031.JPG

DSCF4025.JPG

Well there we go another week of big bud and time to start the overdrive but all and all not looking to bad with about 40 days left till harvest.

Thanks DIME I am hoping they can pull off close to 1.5oz per plant if I manage it will be really close to the 1g/watt yield level which is what I am hoping for to get my grow dialed in so I can pull 2lb's per 1000w light I think its gonna be close seeing as there is another 40 days to go and next week I introduce AN Overdrive to my FrankenBloom nute formula.

I am atributing the bud exposion to the An big Bud and The SnS 604B organic flowering stimulator I have been using as a foliar spray, for the first 2 weeks I did however use one of those pump water cans to inject a blast of the same stuff every 3 days directly into the root zone as well. Other then that all I can say is humic acids to help unlock all the nutrients n the soil and promote healthy organic growth, and fulvic acids to help accelerate development of flower sites an help increase metabolic rates in the plant and other then that start really low with your nutes strength and work them up by watching your plants for signs of what they need . I really cant wait till I start them on the An Overdrive on week 5 of flower which i figure is about 8-10 days from now , at which point ill bring the ppms up to around 1800 untill about day 55-58 of 12/12 then give them nothing but water and molasses for the next 12-15 days, prolly give them a flush with GH Flora Kleen to see how it works but as I have mentioned before I am going with the entire AN ppm/ph perfect hobyist system for flower with Sensi Bloom Two part and Sensi Grow Two part for the veg period as I am considering starting the clones off on AN nutrients and nothing else.

Well here is the feeding report for day 40 of 12/12 pics to follow in a couple days.
Mixed solution in a 45L res maxibloom 1.5tsp/4L ,Dnf Black 5ml/l ,dnf gold 5ml/l, Big bud 2ml/l ppms of final mix 1650ppm ph 6.3 each plant recieved 2litres as a side note from this point on waterings between feedings are mixed with molasses at 1tbs/gal anyways Pics will be up in a day or so unless I get motivated tonight.

I actually havent been able to find any info of anyone growing this strain other then the pics at the begining of the journal showing the flin flon pot mine but I imagine they would probably do well outside but they do have an extremely noticeable aroma of berries and skunk 6 of these are all that can be smelt over 9 El nino and 4 Great White Shark and still all that is noticeable is the HC strain in my honest opinion I wouldnt be surprised if they just ripped off a decent strain and stabilized it as an F3 for the public.

Cateros looking awesome man! :tokin: Sorry i have nothing to add to your HC seed querry as i haven't started yet due to 1 kick in the teeth after another but hopefully the end of this month is GO time for me, finally! Anyhow thanks for taking the time to grow these out and give some of us an idea what we are dealing with :cheer:

Thanks much I thought I should add some info on phenotypes of the HC strain it is listed as an F3 seed strain which I thought would add a bit more stability and uniformity to the plants produce but so far I have identified 3 main phenotypes,
Pheno 1 appears to be of almost pure indica genetics due to its quick and dense bud development ,incredibly small stretch 12" at day 1 of 12/12 and now only 26" 40 days ,this pheno is my favorite so far as it produces heavy dense buds quickly and has the strongest fruity aroma of the 3 pheno's.
Pheno 2 at day 40 this pheno appears to be a mostly sativa pheno but is limited in height by the indica genetics this plants stretch was from 13" to 31" this pheno although the sativa genetics are apparent it does appear far more bushy then the average sativa but in general if left untopped will develop a long heavy central cola and about 8-15 side branches, as I did top mine at the 4th internode it has developed 2 18-20" main colas and 6 side branches that look more like colas themselves except these are about 8-12inches each and when finished they appearlike they will be around 2 inches in diameter while the main colas appear as if though the bottom of the cola will have a diameter of 4-5" and taper down to about 2.5". This pheno however does appear as if though it will need another week possibly 2 to finish.
And finally the 3rd pheno would appear to be a 50/50 hybrid being about 30% taller then the mainly indica dominant pheno and is a bushier and much denser then the sativa pheno of the 3 this one does appear to be the one which will have the highest yield but I personally prefer the effects of pure indica or sativa over hybrids.

Back
Top Bottom