Heart-friendly strains?

I think this is going to be one of those "case by case" or "effects everyone differently" sort of things. I have had a heart attack & also suffer from heart problems. I stick to mostly indicas or indica hybrids. Sativas tend to speed up my heart/cause problems for me unless they are a good hybrid. I do NOT get something if I'm not aware of content.

I stick to usually a 50/50 for daytime and for night/sleeping I get an 80/20 or 100% Indica.

I had to "work up" to being able to function during the day. Sometimes I will smoke just an indica during the day though. You really need to listen to your body though. It is the most important thing, and start out slowly. I still take my heart meds, my cardio is FULLY aware that I use MMJ & I have a blood pressure cuff at home & monitor my heart/BP if I feel like I need to. I also keep my cell phone close & take it with me when I'm smoking JUST IN CASE something goes wrong. While I believe MMJ is my safest medication for pain, etc, I still treat it as a medication. Overkill with the cell phone? Maybe, but I'm the only MMJ user in the house, and I smoke alone & in a secluded area. Just be aware of your body. #1 most important thing.

I would list strains, but I've learned that they can vary so much from grower to grower, coast to coast & etc (I've seen Indicas that I've smoked on here listed as Sativas) so I don't want to steer you wrong.

GL :)

Back
Top Bottom