Heart Issues

Fast heart rate is absolutely normal after smokin bud, you're not going to have a heart attack and I doubt that it will cause any long term damage, so smoke up. I'm guessing you're new to smoking?

Everything you need to know about the effects of weed are here Erowid Cannabis (Marijuana) Vault : Effects

Thanks man, you could say im.."Reborn" new. I used to smoke and the first few times i did it i didnt have any heart racing..but then i smoked something that must have been hydro..im not to sure..and i actualy thaught i was going to have a heart attack. I got really worried. i havent really smoked since.

My heart beats fast everytime I smoke, then after about 10 or 15 minutes it slows down to normal, or more accurately I'm usually so high I don't even notice it anymore. I know people who smoke and then think that something is wrong and they're going to have a heart failure, that's usually just a panic attack though, another potential side effect that isn't dangerous.

I've freaked out a couple times in my early smoking days when my heart was beating faster than I was used to, but I always reminded myself of this fact and I would calm down: ZERO people have died from smokin reefer. :allgood: :peace:

When my heart freaks out, I like to take a deep breath of fresh air and hold it until all the oxygen is absorbed into my blood. This should bring your heart rate back down to normal as soon as your blood is saturated with enough oxygen. Also, elevating your legs helps to get blood to your heart and makes it easier for you heart to circulate your blood throughout your body.

Also, try and look at your diet as perhaps the cause of this problem. Too much sugar or caffine in your diet can make your heart work harder. Also, never excercising weakens your heart muscle, and makes it harder to pump blood as well.

Your bag could have been laced with something funny man. A dude I used to go to laced his bags with a substance I dare not say the name of on here. It'd make my heart race like it was going to jump out of my chest. After I found out he was lacing the bags I stomped his face in and stopped going to him. I hate that trash.

How certain are you that it cant cause a heart attack..i have heard from alot of different people lately that there is chance of getting one within the first 5 minutes of smoking.

Also..doing online research..alot of sites say one thing..and other site say another. Its hard to know the answer to any questions i have.

Providing you have no prior heart conditions the possiblity of a heart attack is extremely low seeing your heart rate does not increase past what it would if you had a good workout. I have never heard of anyone having a heart attack from smoking weed and i've done alot of pot research. Though I could be wrong so dont quote me on it.

My heart beats fast when I see good cannabis! :cheesygrinsmiley:

NO ONE has died from pot smoking alone. Athlete's work hard to accelerate their heart rate, and smoking increases the heart rate to roughly the same level. If you have a heart condition of any kind, vaporizing or eating cannabis will pretty much ensure that you won't keel over. I've even seen people WITH heart conditions partake in certain illegal powders and they're still alive, so I highly doubt that you have anything to worry about, assuming you only smoke reefer. Don't allow your mind to scare you into thinking something is wrong simply because of an elevated heart rate, a NORMAL, TEMPORARY side effect of smoking. Cannabis is a healing herb, not a dangerous one.

kreator said:
How certain are you that it cant cause a heart attack..i have heard from alot of different people lately that there is chance of getting one within the first 5 minutes of smoking.

Also..doing online research..alot of sites say one thing..and other site say another. Its hard to know the answer to any questions i have.
As long as your heart is healthy in the first place, you aren't going to get a heart attack.
Don't worry about it, paranoia makes it worse. If it gets to be too much, don't smoke. Some people are extra sensitive I suppose.

the fastest my heart has ever gone from smoking bud was like around 120 but that was like after smoking almost a gram to the head of really good shit through a 2 foot bong. . . just make sure that you stay calm

Cheers everyone!
yeah, i cant really put it down to anything. Basically my heart goes off even after one cone. The main thing that concerns me is the cold feeling i get in that area and it runs down my left arm. Maybe my body just cant handle it!

kreator said:
Cheers everyone!
yeah, i cant really put it down to anything. Basically my heart goes off even after one cone. The main thing that concerns me is the cold feeling i get in that area and it runs down my left arm. Maybe my body just cant handle it!

I think this indicates it is much more of a mental thing than a physical reaction to smoking weed. If you were in fact having a heart attack, you would instanly feel a incredible shooting pain in your left arm, not just a "cold feeling". Then promptly after having this shooting pain, you would indeed have a heart attack and need to goto the hospital. I think that the fact that you feel a "cold feeling" in your arm is a product of your mind alone and you are not in danger of having a heart attack.

If you are that concerned, I advise you goto the doctor and get an EKG (Electro Cardio-Gram) to see if there is actually anything wrong with your heart.

^RooRman's right, if your heart couldn't handle the weed then it probably would have failed by now. That "cold" feeling you describe can be a side effect of an anxiety or panic attack, which would indicate what you're thinking too much of it ... your mind can easily play some scary tricks on you, especially if you're already thinking about how fast your heart is gonna beat when you smoke.

For some reason you're imagining that you're possibly gonna have a heart attack everytime you smoke, and yet you're still here. Everyone's heart beats fast when they smoke, smoking marijuana increases pulse rates for about an hour after smoking so it's completely normal, but you're thinking that something serious might be wrong, but you're probably just fine.

I can tell you for a fact, from my doctors mouth that marijuana won't kill you. I asked her because I'm over weight and I DO have heart issues and chest pains all the time, and I take medication for it. So I told her that I smoke weed for daily ache's and pains and asked her if it'll interact with any of my medication or my heart condition, she said no, just not to overinduldge. If your really worried about it, just ask her doctor, that is the best way to put an end to you worrying. I know it has helped me, especially when I get those occasional panic attack, like I did the other night when I got too high, I just talked myself down, sat down, and reminded myself that it's just the effect of the weed.

Beat fast? Hell, it's a wonder that it even beats at all. Does you heart beat fast after sex? Thinking about giving that up?
120 a minute is about a good physical workout.
Check tables on workout heart rate by age.

My heart used to beat insanely hard (where it actually hurt) and I used to freak out and go into a severe panic attack after smoking. But, I learned to just relax and don't stress over it and since then whenever I smoke my heart stays at a pretty much normal BPM. I'm also a little different than most pot smokers, I dont really smoke to get "baked" I just smoke to get a nice lift. Usually 1 or 2 bong hits. Sometimes I'll smoke allot to get ripped, and its fun, but I mostly enjoy just having a moderate buzz.

Back
Top Bottom