Heat issue due to fan placement

hazeluv69

Well firstly I’m growing in coco coir, canna range , flowering week 4 ph 6-6.5, temps 25-28 lights on, humidity 50-70 mainly 50/60. Recently my temperatures have been going up to 31 degrees when I turn my oscillating fan that I have blowing air down towards the plants . Without that fan on and just a tower fan the temps are a nice 25-27 all day long lights on. But then put that fan on to ensure no hot spots as the tower fan isn’t so strong , the temperatures go up to 31-33 degrees ? Any ideas on why this is occurring? Large fan is in the top left corner of the tent next to the light . Pic attached. Shall I turn it off or lower it? Positioning?

image.jpg

Hiya - with the fan at the top blowing down, you are blowing hot air down onto the plants
If you lower the fan and point it across (between the canopy and the light) you will a) cool the light and b) move the hot air away from the canopy, ideally towards the filter/extract
It would be better still it the fan was near an intake vent - passive intake or inline fan?
An inline intake fan at the bottom of the tent will help a great deal - at the top it's useless

Hiya - with the fan at the top blowing down, you are blowing hot air down onto the plants
If you lower the fan and point it across (between the canopy and the light) you will a) cool the light and b) move the hot air away from the canopy, ideally towards the filter/extract
It would be better still it the fan was near an intake vent - passive intake or inline fan?
An inline intake fan at the bottom of the tent will help a great deal - at the top it's useless
Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking just wanted a few opinions. I have an outtake at the top of the tent but no intake at the moment . I shall lower my fan so it is doing as such.

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking just wanted a few opinions. I have an outtake at the top of the tent but no intake at the moment . I shall lower my fan so it is doing as such.
An inline intake fan at the bottom of the tent will solve your problems and your plants will thank you for it big time
Cool air blown in at the bottom, fresh air is drawn through your plants then taken out by the extractor - a smooth airflow

An inline intake fan at the bottom of the tent will solve your problems and your plants will thank you for it big time
Cool air blown in at the bottom, fresh air is drawn through your plants then taken out by the extractor - a smooth airflow
I do not have an intake and cannot currently run one. I have vents that can be opened up worth putting a fan near the open vents ?

I do not have an intake and cannot currently run one. I have vents that can be opened up worth putting a fan near the open vents ?
Yes, that will help but the absolute solution is an inline intake fan at the bottom of the tent - you will see the improvement in your environment/plants overnight
Can you not duct in an intake even without a fan? That would be second best

Back
Top Bottom