Heavy storms and temp drop

spunkmeyer

Dear all.

Sorry for the endless questions but I need advice whether I should cut and run or keep my nerve.

My setup is a grow tent on my balcony. Now the tent and electrics are sheltered and covered but it is exposed to the outside weather through the intake.

I am about week 8.5 or 9 with a seedsman white widow. She is nearly ready but not quite. Being a sativa dominant one I guess she still has about a week to 10 days to go.

Yesterday the temp dropped a lot and we have heavy storms for the next next few days. RH in the tent has jumped from about 35 percent upto 80 percent nearly and the Temps have dropped into the 50's.

Last night was rough and I have not been able to look into the tent yet as the lights won't come on for another couple of hours.

My question is should I harvest early to protect the buds or try and ride out the weather?

Anyone with experience advice would be awesome.

Thanks

Spunkmeyer

Sent from my SM-N920C using 420 Magazine Mobile App

P.s the nugs seem to be sealing up and throwing on a lot of weight so this is my dilemma, be greedy and wait or cut and run?

Here is a pic of one of the flowers from yesterday.

Spunk.
420-magazine-mobile1640011231.jpg

So temp after 2 hrs of lights on is 63 and RH 73 percent. But I guess that's the highest it will get.

The weather is going to be stormy tonight then clearing tomorrow.

I think your RH is too high, if it stays that high your gonna have mold issues. If were me I'd put a small heater in the tent and set it at low heat which will hopefully warm up the tent and drop the RH

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I stumbled across your thread and wanted to pipe up.

If you can keep temps up, you'll be fine. Plants do well with high RH if the temp is in the low 80s. Nights will always be a problem though as long as it's still rainy. But if this is just a temporary cool wet spell, you don't need to be very worried. Harvest any day you like - you won't get mold that fast.

From the look of the buds, they'll be prime in 10+ days or so if you can make it that long. They're still building calyxes and those will have to swell first. I'd like another 2 weeks or more to be sure. Also remember that the actual trichomes are a very large percentage of the weight, so at this point it's best to watch them, as well as the pistils and calyxes. You'll see surges in trich growth too.

:thumb:

Thanks man! The storm will pass tonight and tomorrow will be settled again with day Temps of 78ish and lows 60ish at night. The RH is usually about 40 percent here without the storms.

I will ride it out, the plant has been awesome to me so far so I will let her swell naturally.

Thanks Graytail for the nug info. I was guessing I had about 10 plus left.

If the Temps keep low and RH up then I will try and find a small heater for the tent but room is maxed out with the girl.

Spunk.

Just got to get through tonight. The RH is 80 percent with 63 temp. But I guess that will change tomorrow (I hope)

Back
Top Bottom