Hello, and question (ventilation/co2/filter)...

Gear

Hey there everyone.... kind of a tricky question about ventilation.... running filtered air back into a tent vrs back into the room holding the tent (with CO2 saturation complicating the answer)....

Ive been lurking here forever and appreciate the wealth of knowledge around..... thanks ahead for anyone that attempts to read through this..... :)

either way.... Rookie alert... heres some details

first grow
5- kerala skunk (sp)
5 gal buckets
FFOF/perlite/happy frog
used botanicare sparingly on seedlings and grow big a few times recently
38 days old from seed
veg'ed 18-6 under 400w MH air hood, 60 watt led blaster (5700k), occasionally supplemented 3-6 23w CFL

the girls are absolutely amazing so far.... FIM'ed 3 and topped the other 2, (to see preference)

2 days ago the height ranged from 18-22"... after hours of pruning research and choosing a philosophy to "buy-into" - which basically led me to cutting one fan leaf from every side of every node and even halving the leaves on the other side IF they blocked light to interior plant.... I left every node with at least some partial "solar panel", but cut most all shading leaves away

trimmed 2 way way back,
trimmed 1 considerable less
trimmed one 1 only halving leaves w no branch cuts
left 1 unpruned.... (again to see preference- will be yield based- but they look good since the trim)

***added CO2 enrichment a week ago.... regulator, timer, 20lb tank.... (will grab sentinel soon, but this has been AMAZING.... hit 90+ temps a few days and the girls didnt break a sweat... when they showed obvious stress at 88 before enrichment)

they are exploding with growth and look amazing (hit 25" level canopy today) but I am concerned about two things now...

his problem first and foremost is ventilation....

right now he has a 340 cfm pulling heat of the two lamps, the flower tent is 600 HPS cool tube, closest to fan but unburning until now.... the intake is external and the exhaust is external.... for 3 reasons:
didnt want to exhaust hot air into the room and
didnt want to exhaust air/conditioned air OUT of the house and
wanted to keep a sealed air supply for CO2 enrichment

he is now about to need my filter hooked up (tomorrow), so a second exhaust system is needed to move air, clear scent, and help cool with a 600w heat element added to the equation....

so should he run his second exhaust through the filter and back into the tent.... to keep co2 stable and massive air flow... or back into the room that hold the tents and pull air through the passive intakes at the bottom?

he has a 440cfm for the second exhaust..... which I am thinking he should maybe switch with the other.... the room holding the tents is about 350 cubic ft--

thanks!!
g

Back
Top Bottom