Hello from Colorado

Wow looks great! We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and Information across the world so please if we can be of any assistance just ask.
Thanks for the encouragement and support. This year's experiment was on a whim. Having recently decided to use MMJ as an alternative medicine, and not sure of exactly what I was getting from the dispensary, I thought that if I can grow flowers and vegetables, I should be able to grow weed. Hence the random plants from clones.

I am now reading up on strains and their unique qualities, so I will be better prepared to optimally choose and grow an organic garden starting from seed next year.

Will definitely seek out your assistance if the forums fall short. Word. Peace!

So it can't really be this easy, can it?

I'm still scratching my head. Can it be really this straightforward? No drama, no magic, the plants reacted as predicted in the forums. Now I still have to see how many nights I must keep them covered, but I am smiling and learning.

Thanks 420Mag friends. Another milestone reached. :)

it is a weed afterall.. :) amazing what a little reading and homework can do to make things go smoothly,, glad to hear it seems to be working,, :goodluck: and keep us up to date :hookah:

Here are some pictures taken 3 days ago. The large Haze is now flowering, and the Lemon and Northern Lights are preflowering and have about doubled their size since planting 6 July. The clones are in full sun and responding well.

Haze Mist flowering
HazeMistFlowers_08-14-10.jpg

At fence line, sheesh.
HazeMistAtFenceLine-08-14-10.jpg

NL - can barely percieve first preflower

NorthernLights8-3.JPG

Lemon

Lemon_Skunk_08-14-10-1.jpg

Lemon preflower

Lemon_Skunk_08-14-10-Preflower.jpg

Healthy stretching clones

HazeMistClones_08-15-10.jpg

Yikes, just saw what I think is the beginning attack of powdery mildew on the big girl. We have been having cooler nights and cooler days which may have provided ideal conditions for the PM. Today should be 90 or more so that will help. Will spray with baking soda solution (1tsp/qt) when I come back from riding. If that doesn't control it, then I will try Neem oil.

BTW, it's really neat how the internodes on the flowering plant now grow closer together and sort of cluster as the flowers emerge. Yeah, I know, you growers are snickering, but this here is my first experience, so let me enjoy my cherry popper. Discovery is always bliss.

hey looking good,,, no snickering,, happy for you,,, it gets addicting, and is so enjoyable watching your girls develop,,, those girls are tall,, as tall as the fence..lol they are gonna give you quite the gift come fall... :hookah:

hey looking good,,, no snickering,, happy for you,,, it gets addicting, and is so enjoyable watching your girls develop,,, those girls are tall,, as tall as the fence..lol they are gonna give you quite the gift come fall... :hookah:
I'm just free riding now ... no reins. Toughest thing is looking, hoping and waiting. Thinking of adding another 2 vertical feet of fence :) I'm off to read more on harvesting now. Hoping.:smokin:

Tonight I ate 3 tree ripened tomatoes which were grown in the same soil mix and fed the same organic food as my girls. Talk about some delicious tomatoes. If there are any parallels between fruit of tomato and fruit of herb, I am in for one hell of a ride come November after harvest and cure. :rollit:

Buds, buds everywhere. I have been telling myself to exercise patience and calm and continue working on my other endeavors while the plants are maturing and they get closer to harvest.

Here are some weekly update pics. I am amazed at the rapid growth of the plants once they started flowering. It's one thing to read about the phenomenon, its another thing to experience it.

Lemon Skunk - increased 1/3 in height and girth in a week

Lemon Skunk - Buds appearing at each internode

Northern Lights - also stretched and increased about 1/3 in height and girth

Northern Lights - Top bud

Haze Mist Clone - Clones growing and also developing buds

Haze Mist - Some typical buds across on each branch

Tonight I ate 3 tree ripened tomatoes which were grown in the same soil mix and fed the same organic food as my girls. Talk about some delicious tomatoes. If there are any parallels between fruit of tomato and fruit of herb, I am in for one hell of a ride come November after harvest and cure. :rollit:

hopefully you are in for onehell of a ride.. :hookah:

Here are some weekly update pics. I am amazed at the rapid growth of the plants once they started flowering. It's one thing to read about the phenomenon, its another thing to experience it.

yeah,, it is a trip, isn't it?

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

:welcome: Billyy2288. There are some really nice, friendly folks around here, and only too glad to render help and suggestions whenever you ask. Some even have a good sense of humor :) so jump right in. Following a few grow journals is a great place to start. Have fun.

Alas, another week into my cannabis growing journey.

Stretch, stretch everywhere. Both the Lemon Skunk and Northern Lights have buds at every node. The skunk is now above the fence middle cross member (contrasted with last weeks pic above where she had just attained it). It wouldn't surprise me if she made the fence line by the end of September. The NL is just begging for more direct sun but it is as the earth tumbles around the sun ... not much I can do here ... I am not cutting down the blue spruce.

The big girl is dropping a lot of the lower fan leaves. They are yellowing just like some of the cotton wood leaves are. Nights have been getting down to 59. The upper leaves around the buds are just as green as ever though. Just to be sure, I did feed her a trace of magnesium. Her buds at 30 days are all over and filling out rapidly.

Pics later.

hey there TryingOui I was re-reading your intro and here is the link to Colorado MMJ Colorado MMJ - 420 Magazine please feel free to visit. Also we have Grow Journals - 420 Magazine and this is the place to discuss your grow with the support of all our members. Please keep in touch and stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom