Hello from Colorado

Curious about how hot it can get under the dome, I put a dome with just moist soil in pots in the early morning filtered sun on the covered porch. Got to 120 degrees within 10 minutes and 135 within 25 mins. Sheesh.

:yikes: wow, that is hot quick, makes sense though, like a greenhouse,, how about lifting the dome, to give air flow? or take it off while your giving the girls some early morning sun?

Grand idea Herb Zen Master ... those girls will get some fresh air tomorrow with the rising sun.

Continuing to experiment, I tried one under a baggie today in indirect sun and she acted rather respectably.

:welcome: TryingOui

This is a great place, enjoy it! You will learn alot and meet some fantastic people! Made my own cloner from a recipe here!

How cool about the spider~

Thanks Tmac. I HAVE ALREADY LEARNED BUNCHES. So far its like having done the theoretical, and now I have labs. I can declare several practical successes: supercropping, LST, tying down, compost tea, restraint with nutes, examining for pests, cloning (7 for 7) not including regular garden shrubs, IDing male/female.

What else can i say? I agree - 420Mag rocks.:bravo:

Thanks to some great resources here at 420Mag, I have 7 plants out of 7 clone attempts. For the last clone, tweaked the soil from straight ProMix to a mix with some mild organic nitrogen with excellent results. The ProMix clones seemed starved after a week. On the down side, all the seeds are duds so far, but I can't complain not knowing the age nor the quality of the bag seed.

I think I will keep 2 to veg during the winter and clone from next spring. This keeps me within legal limits. Wonder what will happen if I put the next 5 curbside with a sign saying "Free plant .. take one"?

:welcome: TryingOui

This is a great place, enjoy it! You will learn alot and meet some fantastic people! Made my own cloner from a recipe here!

How cool about the spider~

Thanks kindly for the welcome. You are so right, this is a really friendly and helpful community. I am learning bunches.

BTW, Spider is still sitting pretty on her canopy. And the canopy is challenging me to keep it below the fence.

I am so not trusting this year's weather with the August monsoons and all. I am afraid we will have an early snow or frost. I am covering up the lemon Skunk and Northern Light starting today. Going straight to 12/12. It will be interesting to see them change (keeping my fingers crossed) to flower. I am wondering if I should take a cutting from each.

I am so not trusting this year's weather with the August monsoons and all. I am afraid we will have an early snow or frost. I am covering up the lemon Skunk and Northern Light starting today. Going straight to 12/12. It will be interesting to see them change (keeping my fingers crossed) to flower. I am wondering if I should take a cutting from each.

yup,, weather is f'd up all right...

if you plan on growing indoors after this harvest, then yes, take some clones,,

(pics would be good to... no pressure or anything...) :) :lot-o-toke:

yup,, weather is f'd up all right...

if you plan on growing indoors after this harvest, then yes, take some clones,,

(pics would be good to... no pressure or anything...) :) :lot-o-toke:
I was really hoping the bag seed would work so I could experiment with an inside grow, and if successful, I would then invest in some seedbank seeds. CocoJoe was good to suggest a few. Then I can keep a clone of the existing girls in low veg until next spring, and grow a six strain outdoor garden.

Will post some pics soon. Computer locked up while updating my camera's software and now it won't transfer pics to the puter. Kodak's memory format is propietary and flash card won't with another reader.

Kodak's memory format is propietary and flash card won't with another reader.
F*%& I hope not dude.. lol

I just bought a 40 dollar Kodak camera from woot, (it was 12mp,, my current is 4mp or 1.? mp on the blackberry) I usually just pop the SD card in the notebook at work to edit and upload the pics,,, if my notebook don't read it,, it will be a bitch to upload them,,, DoH!..

These pics are a bit old. But just to update progress until I can get the Kodak to transfer newer ones.

Here is the Haze Mist just starting to show preflower 8/3/10

Here is a closeup of her top the same day

Northern Lights 7/27/10

And here she is 1 week later on 8/3/10 with new growth

This the Lemon Skunk on 7/27/10

This the Lemon Skunk on 8/3/10 - Lots of growth also.

On the left is a clone from the first batch in ProMix and my second attempt on the right 2 weeks later using my own mix of soil.

My improvised humidity dome for the later clone. Worked rather well and did not put it under artificial light.

I think my green thumb is working rather well so far.:wood: Hope to have current pics soon. BTW, trying to force flower the indicas. :yummy:

F*%& I hope not dude.. lol

I just bought a 40 dollar Kodak camera from woot, (it was 12mp,, my current is 4mp or 1.? mp on the blackberry) I usually just pop the SD card in the notebook at work to edit and upload the pics,,, if my notebook don't read it,, it will be a bitch to upload them,,, DoH!..

Mine is Model C813 8.2MP, about 2 yrs old and only works with Kodak's Easyshare software for transferring images. Hopefully your later model is different. Kodak's software is slow to load, a memory hog, and of course so F ...ing limiting. The camera takes great pics however.

lol.. thanks,, we will see,,, could just be anouther impule buy,,,POS.. lol (my wife really loves me for those.. haha)

your girls look great,, can't wait for teh update :popcorn:

Welcome TryingOui, Looks like your blending right in already got a few nice plants too ...I see you like snowshoeing etc ,do any snow boarding at all ? Are near the mountains ? We have a bunch of Rocky mountain and Siearra people here too ...:peace: good luck with all your grows ...:peace:

Welcome TryingOui, Looks like your blending right in already got a few nice plants too ...I see you like snowshoeing etc ,do any snow boarding at all ? Are near the mountains ? We have a bunch of Rocky mountain and Siearra people here too ...:peace: good luck with all your grows ...:peace:

Thanks for the warm welcome Ol Hippy. I'm trying. Been outa da scene for many moons but kids are grown now and drug testing job is way behind me. Wow, have the industry progressed over the years. I am in Denver but the mountains are only a short and scenic drive (any scenic drive is short :)). Don't board, ski, or skate but love winter picnics and winter hiking.

I am always on the lookout for nice friendly folk, and if we share the same playground, so much the merrier.

Nice meeting you Hippy.:peace:

Its funny with kids mine are all grown up too, and we still get to share with them , my youngest is just getting into mountaineering. Hes been snowboarding and surfing for years now hes into rock climbing , snow shoeing , peak bagging etc. The oldest still surfs and snowboards, but he actually has a full time job ! Its fun when my 2 boys and my daughter and grandson all get together for a snow trip ...I work for myself so no testing for me unless you have something I haven't smoked yet I'll test that ...Now if my son gets back this wk we actualy have a good job to do ...:peace: till then I've got some weed to smoke ..

Its funny with kids mine are all grown up too, and we still get to share with them , my youngest is just getting into mountaineering. Hes been snowboarding and surfing for years now hes into rock climbing , snow shoeing , peak bagging etc. The oldest still surfs and snowboards, but he actually has a full time job ! Its fun when my 2 boys and my daughter and grandson all get together for a snow trip ...I work for myself so no testing for me unless you have something I haven't smoked yet I'll test that ...Now if my son gets back this wk we actualy have a good job to do ...:peace: till then I've got some weed to smoke ..

Man, you ne'er know ... here we start talking and we have things in common. I also have 2 sons and a daughter and my first grandson. First son just moved last week from the east bay back to the east coast and was able to get a pic of all 4 dudes and a dude dog. Your youngest has a knack for life ... I love those sports myself and still do some except that I don't do rock climbing (no more walls for me) anymore. But me and some buddies still bagging peaks here in Colorado, espec the ones where we overnight with a long trek in.

If you know the film The Devil's Advocate, there is a bit of dialogue that goes like this:
Is this the only room?
Yes
No bedroom? So where does he F ...
His reply "EVERYWHERE"
As of right now, I am testing EVERYTHING. Yes ... liberated finally.

Happy :smokin:

So it can't really be this easy, can it? I read on the forums here about photoperiods, force flowering and the like. I have three clones going and can't be clear on their true genetics. I am hoping for the best.

The weather has been weird so I am fearing an early frost, snow or cold snap. Literature on the strains gives average flowering times. I feel I am pushing it. Bottom line is that I really would like to see the fruit mature and get harvested so I can judge my efforts.

So I decided to force flower the 2 young'uns which I put in the ground the beginning of July. Starting Monday night, I covered them with some flower pots turned upside down starting a 12/12 cycle. This morning I saw preflowers on the Lemon Skunk and the Northern Lights seemed to be showing herself also.

I'm still scratching my head. Can it be really this straightforward? No drama, no magic, the plants reacted as predicted in the forums. Now I still have to see how many nights I must keep them covered, but I am smiling and learning.

Thanks 420Mag friends. Another milestone reached. :)

Back
Top Bottom