Hello From The Highlands

soapbar

A Big Hello From Scotland
didnt know about the site till i was on a ganja tour in amsterdam and was told about it :smokin:
just about to try my hand at home growing hope to learn lots from yous
:roorrip::roorrip:

Welcome! I had the pleasure of visiting your homeland a couple of years ago and it was beautiful. Based on my experience with the weather I hope you're planning an indoor grow! Best of luck and keep in touch as you work through your planning, purchasing, and building phases.

JC

Hello To are new scotish friend. Glad you were told about 420. Tons of info,great people and the best pics. So dig right in and make yourself at home! :popcorn: See you around the forums! :peace:

haa yes indoor grow is planned but also toying with the idea of a greenhouse?
what you guys think ?

haa yes indoor grow is planned but also toying with the idea of a greenhouse?
what you guys think ?

Hi & welcome

Greenhouse,, hope you have some privacy and wont get easily disturbed

Then again you did say you where from the highlands of bonny Scotland,,,so you should be ok

Oh flower of scotland,,,,,,, (what flower do you think they are talikng about in your national anthem......

well i know what i'm talking about when i sing it :D ignore the name by the way its more of me laughing at the state of hash in my country :cheer::cheer: WOHOOOO SHIT HASH R US :slide:
yeah areas more secure than half the paces i can think of but its just im kinda clueless i know what's good and bad about a bit of grass and ive seen a few plants before but apart from that im clueless :|
could anyone recomend good seeds for greenhouse beginner or indoor beginner ?
what do i actually need to get to the finished product equipment wise ?
any answers greatly appreciated
over and out JOCK :bong:

well i know what i'm talking about when i sing it :D ignore the name by the way its more of me laughing at the state of hash in my country :cheer::cheer: WOHOOOO SHIT HASH R US :slide:
yeah areas more secure than half the paces i can think of but its just im kinda clueless i know what's good and bad about a bit of grass and ive seen a few plants before but apart from that im clueless :|
could anyone recomend good seeds for greenhouse beginner or indoor beginner ?
what do i actually need to get to the finished product equipment wise ?
any answers greatly appreciated
over and out JOCK :bong:

So many things to discuss.. Why dont you read through this :How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

You have thre typs of seeds really.. Indica, Sativa, Or Hydrid (a mix of both in varying ratio's)

Indica tend to remain shorter and dense good for inddors where height may be an issue.. Offers more of a body stone than sativa. usual flower time 8 weeks.

Sativa tend to grow tall good for outdoors where height is not an issue.. High tends to be heady. Flowering time can be 3-4 weeks longer than indica

Hybrids will take on qualities of both all depending on pedigree..

First grow I recommend a soil grow. Fox farms ocean Forest soil is top notch.

I have done many soil grows (indoors) with FFOF and Foxfarms nutrients. I use Grow Big for vegging and Tiger Bloom for Blooming nutrients..

If growing outdoor or in a greenhouse your lighting schedule is at the mercy of the sun. Unless you have a simple means of blocking all light from entering your greenhouse your bloom cycle will not be controllable. You also have to manage temperatures which can be more extreme outdoors. ideally your plants would like to be 70-75 degree F.

In order for cannabis to flower they need to see a long night. 12 hours of complete darkness. Growing indoors this can be controlled by simply putting lights on timers and insuring the area is light tight so no light from surrounding area reaches the plants during their sleepy time.

Indoors you can pull a harvest every 3 months or so depending on how you cycle your plants. You can stagger plants so you have a harvest each month or each week all depending on when you initiate 12/12 for each. Can't do this with an outdoor grow unless you have a constant 12 hour day and 12 hour night year round.

Outdoors the light is free, indoors you are effecting your electric bill or paying for gas to run a generator whcih I dont think is cost effective over there.

Outdoors your equipment is minimal, no lights and ballast to buy, no costly ventilation setups. Indoors you can spend a good amount of money getting all the equipment.

Easier to manage pests indoors than outdoors.

You need to weigh the pros and cons of each to come to a decision then we can talk about how to get started one way or another.

Think In The End Im Opting For An Indoor Closet Grow

im going with joint doctors low ryder two i understand how to sort out ventilation but how strong to i need lights ? im only wanting too grow a plant or two too begin with
what distance should they be from the plants roughly ?
beginning light cycles and when do you change them ?
i'll order the nutes you recommended tommorow but do you feed them at the ratio's on the bottle i did read the journal its just some things i cant exactly get too grasp with :thanks:

Hey, soapbar. Just joined myself. Cool to see people from all over on here. My family originally came to the states from Scotland in the 20s.

Think In The End Im Opting For An Indoor Closet Grow

im going with joint doctors low ryder two i understand how to sort out ventilation but how strong to i need lights ? im only wanting too grow a plant or two too begin with
what distance should they be from the plants roughly ?
beginning light cycles and when do you change them ?
i'll order the nutes you recommended tommorow but do you feed them at the ratio's on the bottle i did read the journal its just some things i cant exactly get too grasp with :thanks:

LR2 is what we call an auto flowering strain. Meaning it does not need to see the short night to long night change to start blooming. You stay on 1 light schedule 18/6 beginning to end.. Run veg nutes until you see signs of flowers then switch to bloom schedule.

I'm sort of a.. if your going to do it do it well sort of person.. so I would like to see you with a 400 or 600 watt HPS light. Depending on the size of the closet. At least this way if you decide this hobby is for u you can simply expand on what you have already and not have to replace less effective equipment. When shopping for this type of light you need the ballast, bulb, and reflector. All usually sold separately but you can find packages that come with all components. Try to stay away from units where the ballast is built into the bulb and reflector. You want to be able to seperate these things to manage heat better. Also look for ballast that will power MH and HPS to give u flexibility later on. LUMATEK is a good name. I have 5 of their ballasts, no complaints.

If you go with a non auto-flowering (AF) strain then vegging at 18/6 or 24/0 for a few weeks is optimal depending on what you space and height limits are. Keep in mind that once you go 12/12 on the non AF strains they can stretch out to 3-4 times their initial height in the first 3 weeks.

As far as nutes and strenghts..

VEG: GROW BIG by FF
I usually start at 5ml per 4L early on (after seedling matures to young plant and has several nodes) then go up 5ml increments week over week until I max out at 20ml per 4 Liter. Also since I use RO filtered water I supplement with Cal-Mag+ by botanicare 5ml per 4 L once at full strength schedule. Every other watering.

BLOOM: TIGER BLOOM by FF
Every watering...
20ml per 4L Tiger Bloom, 5ml per 4L Cal-Mag+

3 weeks before harvest PK 13/14 as prescribed on bottle.

thank you very much :)
all help and advice is greatly appreciated :)
cant know too much

Hey dude, just thought I'd say hi on your intro thread, by way of thanks for writing on mine :) Like you said its good to meet fellow enthusiasts from the UK here! Hope your 1st grow is a 'blooming' success! :cheer:

Have you a blog or journal i can read? It seems we are both at a similar stage :D

Cheers! Grinn :grinjoint:

Have you a blog or journal i can read? It seems we are both at a similar stage :D

Cheers! Grinn :grinjoint:

nahhh not yet still toying with the ideas about my grow ive got like 3 or 4 grow spaces too choose from and then ive actually buy all the equipment all this between looking for work iz a total bummer but i'll let you know soon as i get one posted up :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom