Hello

Xcessie

420 Member
Good morning from the Highlands of Scotland.

I've been lurking on here for a good while now.

I've never been one for joining forum's although I think in my current grow I'd love some assistance. Its my second grow since my first which I started way back in 2012 which was a bit of a disaster with a deficiency that I couldn't seem to fix. Since then I've been completely put off growing altogether especially in soil. I'd love to run a coco grow but I can't get my head over the measurement of EC and other factors like ppm etc.

I've read about hempy grows and they seem perfect for beginner growers. Id think soil grows are for the advanced grower as it seems way too easy to overwater your plants and run into problems.

Anyway I think it's time to find the relevant category and post some questions about my current grow.

Thank you and I hope you all have a lovely day

:welcome: @Xcessie :passitleft:

Good morning from the Highlands of Scotland.

I've been lurking on here for a good while now.

I've never been one for joining forum's although I think in my current grow I'd love some assistance. Its my second grow since my first which I started way back in 2012 which was a bit of a disaster with a deficiency that I couldn't seem to fix. Since then I've been completely put off growing altogether especially in soil. I'd love to run a coco grow but I can't get my head over the measurement of EC and other factors like ppm etc.

I've read about hempy grows and they seem perfect for beginner growers. Id think soil grows are for the advanced grower as it seems way too easy to overwater your plants and run into problems.

Anyway I think it's time to find the relevant category and post some questions about my current grow.

Thank you and I hope you all have a lovely day

Sorry to inform you there X, but soil is the easiest way to grow, if you can't grow in soil :hmmmm: ...it's probably that you watered too much and didn't let it dry out...

Here's a soil grow for you, I don't check PH, or anything else for that matter, just water and feed :slide:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Like you said... I'm sure noob cannabis growers, like me water too often which would make me think that soil grows aren't the way to go if you are just starting out. Coco or hempy grows seem easier as it seems that you can't really overwater as easy as one might do in soil.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Like you said... I'm sure noob cannabis growers, like me water too often which would make me think that soil grows aren't the way to go if you are just starting out. Coco or hempy grows seem easier as it seems that you can't really overwater as easy as one might do in soil.
Well, you seem to have your mind made up about the medium you're going to use :passitleft: There's plenty of Coco growers here to help you out...I used to grow in coco, and straight perlite (Hempy) but got tired of having to PH and on top of that you will have to water once or twice a day with small amounts of nutes and cal-mag...and more as they get bigger...just a waste of time and money IMO :popcorn: but hey, like I said plenty here grow that way that can help you along :goodluck:

Well, you seem to have your mind made up about the medium you're going to use :passitleft: There's plenty of Coco growers here to help you out...I used to grow in coco, and straight perlite (Hempy) but got tired of having to PH and on top of that you will have to water once or twice a day with small amounts of nutes and cal-mag...and more as they get bigger...just a waste of time and money IMO :popcorn: but hey, like I said plenty here grow that way that can help you along :goodluck:
You know what, after reading what you just posted. I think I'll stick to soil in my current grow... Your assistance would be greatly appreciated if you could.

Thank you.

Howdy do and welcome.

I would tend to agree with MB , soil is simple. Why not try both methods simultaneously and find out what one suits you..

Love the Highlands, me and the missus are heading that way when lockdown is lifted. We start off at the southern uplands at Wanlockhead then Tyndrum and the bridge of orchy, then all the way to helmsdale.
Cant wait

Anyway. Set up a journal documenting your progress. Loads of advice is available.

Thank you so very much Squiggle. My first welcome. I'm still waiting on my welcome from Mocha.:welcome:

Ah Helmsdale is very close to where I live. The journal is on its way.

Cheers dude.
:laugh:
Youve missed it, mocha did welcome you. Check again.
We are actually heading to Sutherland, searching for gold in the rivers

It wouldn't be that bad if I was stoned.
I haven't smoked in year's.

Searching for gold eh. That's mental. I saw a dude on YT with his face down in a river wearing a dry suit and he had found gold on some mountain river in Scotland. I wouldn't mind trying that myself.
:rofl: it's better to be stoned when making and idiot of yourself , as you don't give a Monkees afterwards.

He would have been doing a thing called sniping. We are traditional gold panners. Prospecting is such a rewarding hobby.
You are right next to kildonan. Loads of good gold has come out if that river , but you can only go a few times a year. But nearly every river has gold in it in some quantity or other.

Anyway. We are going off topic, save that for your journal.

Get set up and if you need any advice , it's on this forum for free, in the collective knowledge of its members

It wouldn't be that bad if I was stoned.
I haven't smoked in year's.

Searching for gold eh. That's mental. I saw a dude on YT with his face down in a river wearing a dry suit and he had found gold on some mountain river in Scotland. I wouldn't mind trying that myself.
Hey xcessie welcome to 420. :welcome: I grow in coco and can assist if you ever try it. There are a ton of soil growers here that can assist if needed . Once you get your journal we will follow and assist when needed. Maby we can talk Squiggle into posting pics of all that beautiful gold he is going to find this summer.
Happy growing friend.

Hey xcessie welcome to 420. :welcome: I grow in coco and can assist if you ever try it. There are a ton of soil growers here that can assist if needed . Once you get your journal we will follow and assist when needed. Maby we can talk Squiggle into posting pics of all that beautiful gold he is going to find this summer.
Happy growing friend.
Here's a few little pickers
Screenshot_20210320-122948.jpeg
23k Scottish gold

Thank you also dude. I'm on a natural high
Happy growing friend.
Thank you also dude. I'm on a natural high after having joined the forum Absolutely delighted with this place. If this grow doesn't work out I'll definitely be switching to coco and your assistance would be utterly fantastic.

I'm going to start my quest to find gold later on this afternoon seeing as I stay very close to a few rivers.
Here's a few little pickers
Screenshot_20210320-122948.jpeg
23k Scottish gold
Wow... That's unreal ... I'm going to those rivers now. I think I have a new hobby thanks to you.

Thank you also dude. I'm on a natural high

Thank you also dude. I'm on a natural high after having joined the forum Absolutely delighted with this place. If this grow doesn't work out I'll definitely be switching to coco and your assistance would be utterly fantastic.

I'm going to start my quest to find gold later on this afternoon seeing as I stay very close to a few rivers.

Wow... That's unreal ... I'm going to those rivers now. I think I have a new hobby thanks to you.
If you ask Squiggle his secret, I bet he will tell you its all in the uniform.
Apparently gold is attracted to people in capes. It sounds crazy but he does have a cool cape. Hehe
Captain Willy strikes it rich!!!!

If you ask Squiggle his secret, I bet he will tell you its all in the uniform.
Apparently gold is attracted to people in capes. It sounds crazy but he does have a cool cape. Hehe
Captain Willy strikes it rich!!!!
:rofl:
I'm never going to be able to relax, wondering where and when that picture will turn up :rofl:

:rofl:
I'm never going to be able to relax, wondering where and when that picture will turn up :rofl:
It'll be funny don't fret. :laugh: I've got some ideas.

You know what, after reading what you just posted. I think I'll stick to soil in my current grow... Your assistance would be greatly appreciated if you could.

Thank you.
I'll help as much as I can there X, and there's plenty of others as well, cause if we can't answer a question, we'll bring in someone who can :thumb:
Thank you so very much Squiggle. My first welcome. I'm still waiting on my welcome from Mocha.:welcome:

Ah Helmsdale is very close to where I live. The journal is on its way.

Cheers dude.
I thought I did :hmmmm: I usually do any how, before I stick my foot in it :rofl:
Omg.

Omfg

Mocha I apologise. I didn't see your welcome dude. I'm so sorry. I feel like a right d**k.
:passitleft: It's all good :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom