Hello - I'm Lil Miss Bubba Kush's new mom - She's my first!

LilMissBubba

Why I LOVE The Cannabis Plant So Much
In My Own Words

This is going to be very long, so forgive me in advance.

It was love at first puff. I have loved the cannabis plant so much since I first consumed it as a pre-teen at a friends house with a bunch of friends over trying to find a way to smoke it since we did have a pipe or papers.

However, due to decades of reefer-madness propaganda that began long before I was born, I mostly didn't buy it. I remember specifically D.A.R.E. in the 5th grade with the Officer who came into our classroom to scare us about cannabis, which he called marijuana.

He drew on the chalkboard a horizontal line and explained that was how people felt normally but when they got "high" they would temporarily go above the line. He drew a diagonal line that went from the normal line and up.

But, he explained, after smoking to for a while the "user" would eventually be depressed and could not get back up to the normal range. He had drawn a line with peaks and valleys that dropped below the normal line he had originally drawn.

I even got busted in middle school for a bag of weed. Someone narc'd me out and 2 police officers came to the school but luckily the bag was weed was nowhere to be found and they didn't even call my mother and sent me back to class after scaring me.

The pot propaganda was so strong that it may have kept me from buying it but my love for the cannabis plant was stronger. My father was an alcoholic and abandoned my family when I was just 3 years old. I had worried I would be an addict like him. So, avoided alcohol and I made a deal with myself: I would only consume cannabis as long as I didn't buy it. I convinced myself that is how I could not become a "dope addict".

So, I basically became like Snoop Dog's "Scavenger" character in the movie Half-Baked.
Half Baked - Snoop Dogg - YouTube

I would go to parties and events where cannabis would be and I would make friends with those who had cannabis. Needless to say, I was very social.

The first year I was able to vote, 1996, Medical Cannabis was on the California ballot where I was living. And I voted for it. I had a Prop 215 yard sign taped up on my closet door. As you all know, the proposition passed like a joint at a statewide party!

I remember going to see Half Baked a few years later in the theatre and standing and cheering at the end.

Everything changed for me when I was working my way through junior college and ended up with repetitive-strain injury that didn't get properly treated at the time and ended up leaving me with chronic pain.

That's basically when my deal with myself began to unfold. I discovered socially the cannabis helped my pain, so I began to seek out how to get it. At first, I could just ask friends. And that worked for a while even if I got some bunk weed occasionally and didn't know anything about buying it or weight or anything like that.

Then, I transferred to university and moved 700 miles away from where I had grown up and had plenty of friends. Now, you would think getting cannabis on a university campus would be easy but the guy I found was always late and such. You know the routine with dealers, right?

Well, he eventually told me that because of my chronic pain I qualified to be a pot patient. At first, I was like "I don't want to be on a list". Well, after waiting for him long enough one day, decided to check it out.

Online, I found a doctor who wrote recommendations. I gathered up some of my medical files and prescription drugs and went over to the office. I was so nervous waiting in the waiting room. Finally, I got called back to the Dr's office and he did his examine and asked his questions.

And a short time later, I walked out with a doctor's recommendation and my love affair with cannabis got very serious. I put a trichrome ring on it, per se!

I lived in Los Angeles at the time and it was literally referred to as "the wild west of weed". There were more medical dispensaries than there were starbucks and I was right in the middle of it all. I was up to my eyeballs in weed and weed related events.

It was also a time when the DEA and LAPD were doing "snatch-and-grab" raids. They would go into a dispensary and take as much money and cannabis they could before cannabis activists could show up and start protesting outside with media coverage.

Americans for Safe Access (ASA), the nation's larger medical cannabis non-profit, had their California Director and co-founder living in LA at the time. So they had a pretty strong activist community there.

I started going to their meetings and getting their text alerts. I even responded to some of their text alerts for the smash-and-grab raids. In fact, I ended up volunteering at one of the dispensaries that I had responded to a raid alert on.

It was summertime and I had no classes. So, spent a lot of time online and at mostly cannabis-related event. I had seen a Drew Carey video by Reason.TV about a dispensary owner named Charles C. Lynch.
Drew Carey Hosts Raiding California - YouTube

At the end of watching that video, I thought to myself, "If I lived closer to Morro Bay I would go to Charlie's trial". I figured if all the dispensary owners were on trial, I couldn't have safe and afford access to medical cannabis. And decided to get involved.

Well, turns out that the way the Federal district courts work is the trial was in downtown LA. After going to an ASA meeting they asked people to attend the trial and support Charlie. So, I decided to do that.

In anticipation for the trial, I taught myself how to write press releases and I had looked up the contact information for LA Times and local news outlets. Before even meeting Charles Lynch, I had already written a press release and sent it out.

I sat through his 2 week trial, kept writing press release, increased my press contact list, and promoted the case online to the local cannabis community. By the closing arguments, the court room was full of supporters and press. It was covered by LA Time, NY Times, and CNN.

Unfortunately, Charlie was found guilty on all 5 Federal charges, even though he had the Mayor and City Attorney testify on his behalf as a law-abiding citizen. Nothing Charlie was charged with was against state law.

After the conviction, I still helped Charlie. I kept writing press releases and increasing my press contact list. I planned 2 rallies outside the courthouse with hundreds of activists in attendance and with speakers from all of the major drug-policy organizations.

By the time of his sentencing, many months later, we had more supporters than could fit into the courtroom and I had gotten him international media coverage. He was still sentences and has been out on $400,000 bail while appealing the decision for more than 8 years now.

The Obama Administration never dropped his conviction and has dragged him and his family through this nightmare.

From there, I became a full-fledged activist/advocate. I met with staff members at my U.S. Congress member's and Senators' and State Representative's offices. I spoke in front of City and County councils for public testimony. I even went to D.C. with Students for Sensible Drug Policy to talk to Congress about these destructive drug laws.

I've written to Pot POW's in prison.

I began working in the cannabis industry and made it my mission to free this plant from her confines of the government.

I've worked at several dispensaries, helped on several grows/harvests, a cannabis consulting firm and did media promotion for several cannabis related things, like a movie called How Weed Won the West and one of the first Cannabis location apps (which was featured on the Conan Obrien Show during opening monologue).

I've been a speaker at Cannabis Conventions. I've written article and articles have been written about me in cannabis publications. I've been to the Playboy Mansion and Cypress Hill Smoke Outs. I've met people like Jack Herer & Ed Rosenthal (sp?).

But more important, I've been able to help countless patients access safe and affordable cannabis and learn about the benefits of this plant. I've helped families with small children that rely on cannabis for cancer, epilepsy, autism, etc.

I've really tried to help patients (and even recreational user) find the best options for their conditions and desired effects. I've taken hours of time to research for patients that have come into dispensaries I've worked in with crippling autoimmune conditions, anxiety, depression, insomnia, eating disorders, etc.

I've promoted cannabis as a medicine in all its forms, not just smoking/vaporizing and edible, but also, topicals, teas, juice, etc.

I've toured Steep Hill's laboratory. They were one of the first cannabis testing facilities in the nation. This is where I began to learn about terpenes and their own medical benefits. I believe I know more about cannabis as a medicine than most people.

Like for example, did you know that the cannabinoids can move both ways in the synapsis? Most things only move one way. That's one of the reasons cannabis is so good at homeostasis, a natural healthy balance.

Most recently, I've been lobbying my local city council (I no longer live in LA). In July, they passed an ordinance that banned the growing or processing cannabis on private property if anyone can see or smell it from their property or public space.

In November, I got permission from the Mayor to grow 1 cannabis plant on my property. So, for the first time in my cannabis life, I'm growing my first cannabis with the Mayor's permission. This is important to me because recently the medical cannabis laws around here have changed and the medicine I was getting to help me sleep is no longer available to me in the dosages I was using to help me sleep through the night.

Also, for reasons I cannot discuss online, I'm not making enough money to buy cannabis to meet my medical needs, so I've mostly been going without which affects all of my medical conditions.

I'm really hoping this first harvest will yield enough to take care of a good portion of my medical needs for the year.

In a lot of word, this is why I love the cannabis plant so much. I want to continue to be a part of her liberation. Thank you for reading all of this, if you made it this far.

:welcome: to :420:!!!

Wow, I'm honored to even respond to this post. Thank you for everything you have done and no doubt will continue to do for the marijuana movement. I can't imagine the struggles and social strife you've dealt with along your journey.
I sympathize with you in your love for this plant; it has saved my life. Before I found it everything was dark even though I didn't really sleep. I hope you can get as much out of your one plant as you can. There is a plethora of information in How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know. You're a user/patient of the wonderful plant that has seen so very much and I hope you continue to share your insights and experiences here. Again thank you very much for what you have done and remaining the beautiful person I believe you to be.

Can you see my gallery images?

170225_01.jpg
170225_02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom