Hello there

GreenGarden88

420 Member
Hi all, grown a few times here in the UK.. this time I am growing Barneys farm Utopia Haze! Started it off under 250w cfl now it’s outside in greenhouse. Currently just over 4weeks old from breaking the surface! Now in final pot as roots were growing like crazy! Growing in organic miracle grow using liquid seaweed for feed. It is already starting to smell in garden so is there any advice to mask smell ?? God help me when it flowers! Keeping it sealed at the moment so not an issue in veg but I will have to open it up every now and then in flower . Thanks for reading

Attachments

• 3BAA3EDA-D1A4-4504-8C8B-588ECCEFF95D.jpeg
    3BAA3EDA-D1A4-4504-8C8B-588ECCEFF95D.jpeg
    574.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 2215B6A2-66F6-451F-9CE3-F6856116BCA8.jpeg
    2215B6A2-66F6-451F-9CE3-F6856116BCA8.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 37
  • AAED206C-3337-4B23-8BAA-10065A84F172.jpeg
    AAED206C-3337-4B23-8BAA-10065A84F172.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 6B5FF358-52B5-4600-8A44-39FB05AE8F4C.jpeg
    6B5FF358-52B5-4600-8A44-39FB05AE8F4C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • AD95B06D-135F-440E-B63E-C3E8F4EA9553.jpeg
    AD95B06D-135F-440E-B63E-C3E8F4EA9553.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 41
Hiya green garden, I'm in UK also.
I take it you got neighbours close. That's a tough problem without electricity to help. The only thing I can think of is to have something even smellier near it, like manure, or lots of fragrant plants, bushes to confuse the smell.
Like I said, running an extension cord out there, you could put a small extraction fan with carbon filter on the ground next to plant, I've done that when I had a plant in my living room, it did the job.

Hey Listersmeghead Yeah neighbours are close, and it’s on the far side of garden so extension won’t reach unfortunately.. guess I’ll have to find other strong smelling plants or get my thinking cap on... hmm. I used to grow in tent with rhino filter etc so used to be a breeze but new house is limited in space. Thank you for reply

Yeah, hope you get something sorted bud. Like you said, it's gonna reek when it's full flower.
Last resort, get the neighbours smoking bud themselves :D

Yeah, hope you get something sorted bud. Like you said, it's gonna reek when it's full flower.
Last resort, get the neighbours smoking bud themselves :D

haha, my door neighbours either side probably won’t care.. it’s the garden behind us lol.. I have no idea how far the smell will spread outside as always grownindoors

Attachments

• 9C56BE35-80E3-4F73-9CA4-E1E53C905663.jpeg
    9C56BE35-80E3-4F73-9CA4-E1E53C905663.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
haha, my door neighbours either side probably won’t care.. it’s the garden behind us lol.. I have no idea how far the smell will spread outside as always grownindoors
Oh, when in full flower and a nice summer breeze the whole street gonna smell it. I can tell when my nieghbour has a joint, two doors down.

Oh shit lol! Unless I keep it here during veg and take it to some random field with no one around and let it flower there
That depends on how big it gets, I see you trying to load a tree into the car.lol.
If it was an auto you could keep it relatively small.A photo will be massive by flowering time.
You could keep it small by force flowering it early. Put a box over it to make it 12/12 light now. A small plant won't smell as bad.

Green garden.
Ive just seen the photo of your garden,nice space.
If that plant is a photo plant, then it's not gonna flower outside natural until September, that's 5 months growing before it flowers, that's gonna be huge, I mean the size of a small Apple tree huge.
It's definitely gonna out grow that green house.

That depends on how big it gets, I see you trying to load a tree into the car.lol.
If it was an auto you could keep it relatively small.A photo will be massive by flowering time.
You could keep it small by force flowering it early. Put a box over it to make it 12/12 light now. A small plant won't smell as bad.
Green garden.
Ive just seen the photo of your garden,nice space.
If that plant is a photo plant, then it's not gonna flower outside natural until September, that's 5 months growing before it flowers, that's gonna be huge, I mean the size of a small Apple tree huge.
It's definitely gonna out grow that green house.

Would it make a difference if I put one of the shelves on top of it to almost act as a scrog net? To try and keep the height down. Didn’t really think about this

Would it make a difference if I put one of the shelves on top of it to almost act as a scrog net? To try and keep the height down. Didn’t really think about this
It's worth a try, but 5 months is still alot of growing time, still be huge.
Like I said, you could force it, 12 hours outside light, box over it or take it indoors 12 hour dark period. It would keep it small and you get a little smoke.
You could do another plant in a couple months time this way.
Or, start later, but leaves you smokeless.
Is there any possibility of doing a stealth indoor grow, little wardrobe, attic, under the stairs.

No worries bud,keep us posted.
We've only just entered UK grow season, so plenty of opportunities and time.
I'm starting my autos off in two weeks time,can't wait.

May I suggest an Auto,
Sweet seeds Dark Devil Auto,it's my favourite and when grown in soil it stays pretty small/medium. The smoke is amazing and the taste is out of this world.

May I suggest an Auto,
Sweet seeds Dark Devil Auto,it's my favourite and when grown in soil it stays pretty small/medium. The smoke is amazing and the taste is out of this world.

noted mate thank you, what’s the yield like? I have no experience of outdoor yields lol. Attached a pic of my last indoor grow, 5x barneys farm blue cheese fem. 400w hps

Attachments

• 9EF82D57-E2D4-4ACD-9795-8EC189A0CDCB.jpeg
    9EF82D57-E2D4-4ACD-9795-8EC189A0CDCB.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 30
noted mate thank you, what’s the yield like? I have no experience of outdoor yields lol. Attached a pic of my last indoor grow, 5x barneys farm blue cheese fem. 400w hps
Growing autos can be a yield gamble, different strains, breeders yield different amounts. Even the same strain from the same seed pack can be different.
I've been doing autos semi outside past 4 years, 3.5 gallon pots,so they don't get to big. Best yield I've got is over 5 oz from a Dutch passion white widow cbd auto, that grew to be quite a big plant.
Those dark devils on the other hand,those don't usually get to big, I've had everthing from over 3 oz down to 1.5 oz, I do run 1 or 2 of these every year, did I mention they're my favourite.lol.

Another good company is fast buds, they do a vast range of autos, I've always had solid results with them.

awesome mate I’ll give em a try, only ever used barneys farm and dinafem.
I’ve put shelf on top of plant ant it’s exposed all the little shoots so now I’ll put a box over it and force flower?

Attachments

• 89CD2E03-77E2-40E9-97DC-DA0C0FC4840E.jpeg
    89CD2E03-77E2-40E9-97DC-DA0C0FC4840E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 31
Be cool to see how it goes, maybe start a journal,lots of great people on here. I'm gonna start one when I start my autos off.
There's another UK grower on here called autofacade, he's doing some outside autos also this year,have a search for him, it would be usefull.
Good luck green.

Back
Top Bottom