Hello everyone! New grow

Growdeezl

420 Member
Hello everyone.

I have set up a new grow and I am looking at getting any opinions and feedback before it starts. This room is 10’x10’x8’.Fully sealed in with no air or light leaks. Mostly for smell purposes.

this is my set up that’s ready to go...
—Crop king seeds
—7 white widow auto flower
—7 trainwreck auto
—germinate 10 hoping to get 8 to pop
—5 gallon fabric pots (growing 8 at one time)
—Fox farm ocean forest with 25% perlite
—Nutrients will be minor: grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom.
—(2) BESTVA 2000watt full spectrum LED I kno people will now probably talk down on the lights but I am going to give them a shot. (390watt draw) they say 1400watt equiv.
—light schedule probably 20/4
—my max grow area is 8’x4’ right now for drainage but can be made larger later
— (1) 6” 400cfm
— (1) 6” 400cfm

I planned on giving my plants about 1.5’x1.5’ of space each but would like to yield the most I can with quality buds obviously.

Here are some pics of the set up. Can anyone give me some feedback, advice, or opinions?? I would appreciate it all.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• F2652376-673E-47BB-8B35-7D8D34FB057B.jpeg
    F2652376-673E-47BB-8B35-7D8D34FB057B.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 60
  • BA9AD20B-395C-4262-9C58-367F5FDBD897.jpeg
    BA9AD20B-395C-4262-9C58-367F5FDBD897.jpeg
    282.9 KB · Views: 56
Hello everyone.

I have set up a new grow and I am looking at getting any opinions and feedback before it starts. This room is 10’x10’x8’.Fully sealed in with no air or light leaks. Mostly for smell purposes.

this is my set up that’s ready to go...
—Crop king seeds
—7 white widow auto flower
—7 trainwreck auto
—germinate 10 hoping to get 8 to pop
—5 gallon fabric pots (growing 8 at one time)
—Fox farm ocean forest with 25% perlite
—Nutrients will be minor: grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom.
—(2) BESTVA 2000watt full spectrum LED I kno people will now probably talk down on the lights but I am going to give them a shot. (390watt draw) they say 1400watt equiv.
—light schedule probably 20/4
—my max grow area is 8’x4’ right now for drainage but can be made larger later
— (1) 6” 400cfm
— (1) 6” 400cfm

I planned on giving my plants about 1.5’x1.5’ of space each but would like to yield the most I can with quality buds obviously.

Here are some pics of the set up. Can anyone give me some feedback, advice, or opinions?? I would appreciate it all.
Thanks everyone.
Be sure to purchase a pH pen if you haven’t gotten one. With that soil you need to be around 6.3 after your nutes are mixed in. You might get some pH up/down, or you can use baking soda to bring it up, and lemon/lime juice to bring it down.

Also with FF nutes, be sure you have the most recent feed schedule (for soil), and start off with using 1/4 of the recommended dosage and work your way up to full strength. Also be sure to flush according to the FF schedule.

In a previous grow I covered the closet with the Mylar type coating and stapled it on. I heard using white paint should be sufficient enough and since My grow area is much smaller theb my room since, I didn’t think the foil type walls would help much anyway. Any feedback??

Looking good! @GHempster always beats me to the journal suggestion! One of these days I’ll get in first:laugh:

I love all grows. Cfl to the latest stuff. As you anticipated I will tell you I don’t think that’s enough light for 8 plants but let’s see how it goes.

I have about 30w/sq foot true LED watts. Your looking at 3.9w/sq foot I don’t want to knock it I just want you to be prepared to probably buy some more lighting or lower the plant count.

good luck! I hope you start a journal.

:cheer:

silver

I heard using white paint should be sufficient enough

yes I forget the actual figure but I think it’s around 90% as effective as Mylar. For your space I’d recommend the white paint

In a previous grow I covered the closet with the Mylar type coating and stapled it on. I heard using white paint should be sufficient enough and since My grow area is much smaller theb my room since, I didn’t think the foil type walls would help much anyway. Any feedback??
I saw a comparison online and they measured the same reflectiveness.

Looking good! @GHempster always beats me to the journal suggestion! One of these days I’ll get in first:laugh:

I love all grows. Cfl to the latest stuff. As you anticipated I will tell you I don’t think that’s enough light for 8 plants but let’s see how it goes.

I have about 30w/sq foot true LED watts. Your looking at 3.9w/sq foot I don’t want to knock it I just want you to be prepared to probably buy some more lighting or lower the plant count.

good luck! I hope it start a journal.

:cheer:

silver
Thanks @ Yea I’ll definitely start a journal once I get started.
Maybe I’ll germ 8 seeds and hope to grow 6 at one time in that space so they have more room. And I’ll still add another 2000w (390w actual)
That will give me 1170watt for 6 plants and the plants will have an area of 2.5sf-3sf each

does that make sense?

Oh I thought you had 390 total for the 2 lights. Not each.

sounds like a good plan and if you feel light distribution is good enough just try for all 8. You’ll have a better idea once you get to flowering.

Oh I thought you had 390 total for the 2 lights. Not each.

sounds like a good plan and if you feel light distribution is good enough just try for all 8. You’ll have a better idea once you get to flowering.
Ok thanks. And yes it’s 390watt x2 so 780 actual watt draw. They say just one of the 2000watt lights is good for 7’x6’ area. So I had put two. I will add a third because I don’t want to not have enough light, but at the same time it’s so bright I didn’t know if I had too much and didn’t want to bleach them.

Back
Top Bottom