Hello

ganjaballz

It's been more than ten years since I've smoked any herb....

After spending most of my young life as a very active ganja disciple I quit one day. Part of it was because I was starting to have anxiety attacks every time I smoked but I think the main driver behind the decision was a realization that if I had to spend another two hours of my life in someone's mobile home, listening to bad hair metal and talking about which set of tits I'd do the tootsie pop "how many licks?" test on I stood a very, very strong chance of becoming a serial killer.

Yes, the joy of micro habitats where the dealer you choose is the only dealer you can choose...

So many years of having barely enough money to cover my nut, so many bags of dogshit brown, couldn't get a Mormon off ditch weed.

Of course now I have all the money I could ever hope to spend on self medication and just look at the freaking quality of the product now! I'd have to be one lame dude not to rejoin my fellows and partake of the modern wonder that is finely tuned, highly cultivated MJ.

Unfortunately I'm older now and newly disabled. I have a Dr just for pain management but the one medicine I know would help me get by with the least harm isn't legal even for medicinal use here. Being a decade gone from the kind means I'm all alone now too. I don't know anyone and I'm not going to wander the streets of Metropolis looking for a hook up.

So it's grow my own time. Imagine the patience of waiting months for a grow to complete, hopefully with success, and not being able to smoke any until then. I like to imagine it will be the most satisfying smoke session of all time. . .

Welcome to 420,:welcome:such a peaceful and informative site.

You've found a very helpful site, well versed in knowledge about growing, legalization, medical uses, and even info on cooking with herb! Indoor, Outdoor, Soil, or Hydro (I'm a bubbles grower) CFLs, or HID lights, it is ALL here!

And the most helpful MODs you've ever met! Just ask one or any member here for guidance! Look for CocoJoe, or The Butcher, Green007, or Mostly Crazy is my favorite teacher, , they are very knowledgable. OldMedicineMan has a great thread of information too! :thumb:

If you didn't know, the Home Page is divided into Forums with Topic Titles. Those Forums are divided into THREADS, and those THREADS are divided into POSTS. You started a THREAD in the Forum INTRODUCE YOURSELF and the replies are additonal POSTS in your THREAD.
I wish someone had explained that to me my first day.

Are you going to start your first grow soon? A simple 5 gallon bucket DWC grow with an airstone is a great way to start and learn. Or possibly a kit from SH Hydroponics, Inc., one of our sponsors????

Peace I hope to see you around the forums. Let me know how I might help you. :peacetwo:

Hi ganjaballz, :welcome: to the 420Magazine forums.
I'm glad you found us, and equally glad you joined. :grinjoint:
Yes, growing your own meds is the only way!
CAUTION, growing cannabis can be very addicdtive. :)
Lotsa oldfarts here so relax and enjoy all 420 has to offer you.
I'll see you around the forums. :reading420magazine:
:peace:

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

I have an automated hydro system I designed and built by modifying some off the shelf tech. I have to admit though, the only thing holding me up at this point is not knowing where to order seeds from or how to go about doing it.

I don't have another address I can use for deliveries so I'm taking it slow and thinking it over before I pull the trigger.

Hi Ganjaballz,
:welcome: to the friendliest place around :hookah:
lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful people here, so sit back, relax and enjoy.

If you are looking to start growing your own,, these are a great place to start..

How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

and if ya need a hand uploading pics

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

if you are not in a MMJ state,, then be carefull :)

lots of sponsors,, so take a look..

I like attitude seeds myself.. had good experience with them :)
IMG324.jpg

:goodluck: and I'll see you around :peace:

... tip-toeing around the subject..lol
discussion of shipping, purchasing etc of seeds is illegal,, so we cannot do that, or give advice on how to place an order...

with that being said,, I think, if you look at the picture I posted, you may notice a t-shirt.. ;)

it's all good... no worries,,I have been warned a few times by mods.. basically, we can talk about our grow, support the sponsors, talk about them, talk about wht they have to offer, document our grow, post pics etc.. just cannot mention the actuall buying or shipping of seeds,, :) so, again, no a biggie,, just more of a FYI than anything..

which is why, when someone asks, I always say "I love attitude seeds" and post the pic with the seeds, and t-shirt,, sorta filling inbetween the lines..lol

I can't wait for my badass t-shirt to get here. Now I have to seriously get to work and do some reading.

Today is a cool day so far - I got one problem solved and my iPad showed up 3 days earlier than it was supposed to! (No, I'm not an Apple fanboy, I don't buy everything they make but I have specific reasons for buying the iPad).

I can't believe how much things have changed in the past ten years. The quality and quantity of assets for home growers are freaking magic now!

you said it :).. the ipad is just a ipod with bigger buttons.. :) and well for someone as old as you,, probably need those large buttons... hahaha it's always good to see the old people try new tech out... hehe (just busting on your avatar.. no offense meant... lol)

thinkgeek has a bunch of cool stuff, and some gag stuff like unicorn meat..lol but they had this 'iarcade' or something,, (was a gag product) but is looked like an old arcade game, that your ipad slid down the front of, and it was playing retro donkey kong... lmfao,, it was so funny.. hehe

I wanted an eBook reader and the Kindle just seemed like a ripoff for what it does. I'd rather get an iPad so I can surf, watch vids, listen to music and use the Kindle app. They have apps for Barnes / Noble and other stores and a generic reader or two for my own collection.

The ipad works with bluetooth mice and keyboards now so you can set it up like a mini desktop if you want to. I plan to program my hydro setup with it - better than carrying my laptop in there.

Back
Top Bottom