Help! discoloration on young plants!

nugman

so i noticed some discoloration on the left leaf of this plant as well as t wards the stem.
IMG_076414.JPG
IMG_076914.JPG
IMG_077118.JPG

and this guy has droopy leaf syndrome, and the new growth is dried and brown
IMG_077514.JPG
IMG_078513.JPG

and helpful thoughts? would be greatly appreciated

Wouldn't worry about the stem color, but the leaf coloration will be important in diagnosing. It's hard to tell since they're so young. It looks like there is spider mite / thrip damage. My advice is to take the pH of the soil, and speculate whether any missing nutrients need to be added. Check out the Problems/Pests/Diseases in the Grow Room.

Cannabis is very resilient, so stay optimistic. Best of Luck.

RL

ok i just took the ph and 6.5 all around, must be bugs, they will be outside within a day or so, thanks for the help!

6.5 is too low for vegetative. IN order to have a lot of nitrogen uptake (which is important for vigorous vegetative growth) the medium should be preferentially alkaline... meaning the pH should be higher, like 7.5 or 8 for vegetative. Flowering prefers a lower pH.. like 6.5. But I have grown perfectly good medication using a constant pH of 8.

And there are more bugs outdoors than indoors, although mites find themselves inside very easily. When you put it outside, make sure that there are no slugs and snails that can munch it. Always detrimental for a young one.

You can add Epsom salts diluted in solution, which is magnesium sulfate. calcium carbonate would work too.

Just make sure its not too concentrated of a solution. If your water is heavily chlorinated, then that is a cause for the pH being arbitrarily lowered over time. But then again, I don't know what your growing medium consists of.

I'm a little concerned with that high of ph, all i've read and heard was something close to 5.8-6.5 for soil and 5.8-6.2 for hydro.

I like 6-6.5, i'm in promix hp/compost/coco/perlite, and soil amendments

baking soda for ph up

i use pro mix as well, well i think it was spider mites, either way they're going outside tomorrow so it shall separate the girls from the women!
if you care to keep up, i have a grow journal on here

I'am with greenhouse anything ph wise above 7 isnt good.imo
6.5 seems to be optimal.
your little ones are hard to define sence they are so small so I aint going to be any help there. your soil should have plenty of nutes to keep her going for quite a while so dont add anything yet.
it may be a bug problem tho I have never had that problem to offer advice.
anyway there is a chart in a blog I have that shows different nute problems that may help you figure something out.:thumb:

I'am with greenhouse anything ph wise above 7 isnt good.imo
6.5 seems to be optimal.

Nitrogen uptake prefers an alkaline medium, so it's hard to generalize about the pH in this situation when talking about needs during veg, and flowering. I grew bomb ass bud in a constant pH of 8 and had no deficiencies or any problems during the grow.

Maybe I just got lucky though...

well the second one went outside today, as for the first, he isn't ready yet, still in the infirmary

As long as they don't get munched by a slug, I'm sure they'll explode with growth. I'll check out the journal!

Best of Luck!

Back
Top Bottom