Help! Easy, quick question!

UntamedFox

Hey fellow enthusiasts,

I have been doing a grow for a few months now, about a month into flowering, 4 plants (1 big, 2 medium, 1 tiny). I have noticed that the bottom fan leaves (5 leaf fans) are starting to ?wither? and die slowly. I am feeding the plants as needed (roughly 1.5-2 times per week) with a mixture of 15-30-15 and various nutrients in the soil to balance things out. the plants have been growing very well up until a week or two ago when the lowest fan leaves began to change color. Specifically, the middle leaf begins to turn yellow near the tip (1" in from the tip, not the exact tip) and progressively the other leaves turn yellow in the same fashion with the two off-center leaves and then the side leaves. As the outer leaves begin to turn, the center leaf turns brown and becomes withered and crunchy. This has only been happening on the lowest 2-3 main fan leaves. Now, the lighting in the grow closet consists of 6 very powerful CFLs (I can't remember the lumen count off the box). The lighting is set from the top, so the lower leaves are definitely not receiving a ton of light. I don't have a good camera to take pics, but I feel I have given a very accurate description. The soil is definitely not an issue as I have grown plenty of crop from this soil (Miracle Grow 3 month). Any suggestions or answers of what is happening? If it's a lighting thing, I don't really care all that much, but I worry it may be a nutrient or other type of issue. Does anyone have any experience like this? Thanks everyone!

Common for nitrogen def into flowering, it is usually ok at end. I would look into PPM, you might have buildup of salts. IF its not ppm then PH.

I notice that if I flush with 6X the volume of water and on my 6th pour I use perfectly adjusted nutes usually 1.25 tsp per gallon, bloom, I can usually get my girls to come around. You might have a wetness problem too. Go ahead and let them dry out a bit and if the problem worsens as the soil drys out... its ppm.

Losing some fan leaves in the flower cycle isn't unusual in my limited experience. I would also guess some of it is due to light penetration. If the bulk of your plant has vitality and looks healthy I wouldn't worry too much yet.

If you have room, spread the branches apart some to increase light availability. Keep the same feeding schedule because it sounds as if you managed good plant healthcare thus far. It's easier to correct an under fert than an over.

Good Luck

HC

Back
Top Bottom