2 Plants in 1 Container - Questions

Threnos

Hi there everyone!
My very first time here.

Recently I started growing (about 2.5-3 weeks ago) using pure water (I water everyday with a basic squeezer [squeeze to moist the leaves etc.] along with a single handful pour into the container), common soil from my garden in my house (didn't buy anything fancy) and the sun only.

* I don't know what the pH level is. Yet. I need to buy the appropriate sensor/device for it.

A couple of days ago, I started noticing two leaves with strange tiny, tiny yellow tips (barely noticeable) as well as one of them is very curly. This plant is a younger plant to the one next to him.

In total, I have 2 containers and 4 plants (2 in each container).

1) What is the problem with the yellow tipped leaves/plant? (Pics. 2+3)
  1. What is the problem?
  2. What do I need to buy/do in order to solve it?
2) Is it safe 2 plants grow in 1 container? (Pics. 1+4)
3) Can you tell what is the sex of my plants?

Pictures:

1. CURLY LEAVES:
old7.jpg

2. YELLOW TIP, LEFT LEAF:
yellow110.jpg

3. YELLOW TIP, RIGHT LEAF:
yellow24.jpg

4. SECOND CONTAINER:
new104.jpg

Thank you a million! :high-five:

Two plants in one pot works fine except you cannot give each one exaclty what you think it needs. You have to compromise based on what you see from both.
Pots look quite small - especially for two plants.
You are watering incorrectly. Do not water the leaves and do not water with small amounts frequently. Soak/dry/soak/dry. Read up on proper watering techniques.
No way to know sex until they start blooming or become much more mature and start showing you some pre-flowers.

The bottom leaves start to take more of the yellow color on their tips. They harden and eventually break off.
What's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom