Help - First grow need help soon

Spires91

Hey members. New to the forum as of today.
I planted 2 seeds about 1.5 months ago, beautiful healthy babies, now I transplanted into half gallon pots with Scott's indoor/outdoor soil 7/1/3 npk. I got anxious and put 4 npk sticks in each pot 13/4/5.

I have them in a small room with 4 light tubes. (2) 32w 6500k and (2) 40w 5000k
plus a small fan for breeze and circulation.

Thinking I have a nute burn problem from what I've been reading.
leaves are curling up and turning yellow/brown starting at the tips. Lower fan leaves mainly but it's getting to my top leaves now which has me worried

I water every other day with a solo cup of water. Minimal runoff.

Temps stay around 75-80 (80 if I'm not home and doors are closed.

Lights are about 18in above plants.

No humidity or pH testing is being done yet :/

Welcome. Pictures would be a huge help. Here is a link on how to add them to your gallery and post them. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos With out the pics, all I can tell you is it sounds like your are over feeding your little ones. I use Fox Farms Nutes and the Grow big (veg nutes) are NPK of 6-4-4 I think you may be way over on your N at least. Here is a chart to help with diagnosing problems.
cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3117.jpg

I also use Fox Farm Soil. I use the Ocean Forest (FFOF). That is even a little to "hot" so I mix it with Promix BX and perlite for drainage. When I used the FFOF straight, I got nute burn. I would flush the plants well. Used ph balanced water (6.5 is perfect for cannabis.) You want to flush with 3-5x the size of your pots. So if you are using 1/2g pots (a little small IMHO I would use at least a 2g pot) Flush with 2.5-3 gal of water each. I would put them in the sink or tub and just start slowly running water through and let it drain out. Then let the plants dry out for a few days. You won't see the damage go away, what you are looking for is health new growth. I hope this helps. :peace:

Can't check pH yet. I have city water tho. Would flushing with tap water be ok?
I just watered them yesterday.

I have that same pic on my phone but none of them show the curling my plants are doing.

Also I will post pics once I figure out how.

I take pics with my phone all the time. Email them to yourself then download them on your computer. Then you can easily upload them to your gallery. I don't know what your tap water is at. Mine is dead neutral at 7. You can get a ph test kit from any pool supply or probably even home depot or walmart. You are probably better off flushing with your tap water even if you don't know the ph since I am reasonably certain you have a nute problem even without the pics. :peace:

Having a horrible time trying to upload photos. They say they are loading but never fully process.
top leaves are green, lower fan leaves have yellow/brown tips and eventually the whole leaf turns yellowish except for the veins....
that's about all the info I have since uploading pics is a pain in the ass.

Would amazon have a cheap accurate kit? I pretty much buy everything on there.
and I just flushed it. Ran it under the sink for 30min with just a slow stream. Slow enough so that it didn't overflow the top, just drained thru the soil

Awesome sauce. I'll order that today. I lost a lot of root growth on my other plant. Tried to top it but I'm not getting roots. Skinned button half inch of cutling. Filled a solo cup with water, poked hole in plastic bag, sealed with a rubber band and I change the water every other day...

My best guess is that you just have too many Nutes on board and the soil is too hot for the plant. If that is the case, flushing and not giving any new nutes for a bit should fix it. Let her rest for a bit and dry out. She may "wilt" a little after your flush. Watch the new growth. In a couple days, I would trim off the yellow leaves. This way you are sure if there are any new problems starting.

As far as the emodicons, click on the smiley at the top then click more. If you see something you like, click on it and it will be put in you post. Have fun. :high-five::lot-o-toke::tokin::smokin::party::allgood::peace:

I take daily pics.
I use npk sticks... I feel like I'm screwed on the nutes

I would not use them. Stick with something made for cannabis if you can. There are lots of good nutes out there, and they can all be over used too!!! I use the Fox Farm trio. Grow big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. They are easy to use. You can get them on Amazon. Keep posting your pics. Maake this your first journal!!! :peace:

Yo supergroomer.
I took a cutting about 10 days ago, I've had it in a cup poked thru a bag like I said previously.

I put a small amount if rooting solution and replace water every other day.
I have the clone about 4ft from my normal lights.

The top is stratching towards the light but roots are not developing...

Any hints?

Yo supergroomer.
I took a cutting about 10 days ago, I've had it in a cup poked thru a bag like I said previously.

I put a small amount if rooting solution and replace water every other day.
I have the clone about 4ft from my normal lights.

The top is stratching towards the light but roots are not developing...

Any hints?

I would just wait it out a little longer. I never had great success with cloning until I got my Clone King. Doing it the regular way I was less then 25% successful. Maybe 1 out of ever 5? With the clone king, I am doing well with the clones. If you haven't looked at that thread yet, have a look. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom