First time growing need help!

EJayy

420 Member
I’m growing 4 plants in a 6ft tall by 4ft wide tent with a giixer 1000w led light with both veg and bloom and a freit 5000k natural light bulb as a side light got a carbon filter inside with the intake fan blowing out my window n normal fan inside the tent. I got my seeds from canukseeds 1 double chocolate fem 1 gelato fem n 2 free seeds that came w it all in fox farm ocean soil been 5 days the double chocolate n gelato sprouted on day 2 so I’ve been having those on a 18hr on 6 hr off schedule one of the free seeds sprouted day 3 and on day 4 I added it to the same light schedule. My temp inside stays between 75-79 but my humidity is around 49-56 and ik that isn’t good. I’m doing all this off of YouTube vids so the more help I can get the better lmk

Welcome to 420mag. We pretty laid back and friendly here.

Your temps and humidity are perfect.

Here's a VPD chart if you wanna see where you're at.

These are recommendations for perfection. So keep that in mind. Plants can grow and they have the ability to change/create a micro-climate around the leaves close up and in the room as well. So this is not a written in stone thing just use it as a guide. The temps are in Celsius.

The stripes in the middle there (not in pink) are the preferred range.

First grow - be careful not to over or under water. Keep the lights high up on seedlings until they get used to the intensity. Get a small fan on them - that will help strenghthen the stems (harden off).

GL with the young ones. Its a weed - they are pretty hardy.

Welcome to the forum @EJayy! We get a lot of folks in here who watch some crazy thing on youtube and then get in trouble when their results are different. I am glad you found your way instead to the largest and most active cannabis resource on the planet... we can get you going in the right direction.
My suggestion is to start up a grow journal and document your grow with pictures and descriptions as to what you are trying. There is nothing new under the sun, especially here at 420 mag, and I have no doubt that you will find several people here who can give you expert level advice and support as you get through your first grow.
Be careful who you get your advice from. There are several online forums that are famous for giving bad advice, hydro grow shops are notorious for it, and too many posters on the online forums are full of BS. Trust no one or no advice until you can verify it for yourself. Do your own experiments, and see what works for you, and what does not.
It sounds like so far you are doing well, and I suspect it is due to your research so far. Good job! Did you by any chance find my watering guide as you were cruising the internet... i know there are even youtube videos that feature it!

Welcome to 420mag. We pretty laid back and friendly here.

Your temps and humidity are perfect.

Here's a VPD chart if you wanna see where you're at.

These are recommendations for perfection. So keep that in mind. Plants can grow and they have the ability to change/create a micro-climate around the leaves close up and in the room as well. So this is not a written in stone thing just use it as a guide. The temps are in Celsius.

The stripes in the middle there (not in pink) are the preferred range.

First grow - be careful not to over or under water. Keep the lights high up on seedlings until they get used to the intensity. Get a small fan on them - that will help strenghthen the stems (harden off).

GL with the young ones. Its a weed - they are pretty hardy.

Thanks, as time goes on what should my temp and humidity stay around ?

Welcome to the forum @EJayy! We get a lot of folks in here who watch some crazy thing on youtube and then get in trouble when their results are different. I am glad you found your way instead to the largest and most active cannabis resource on the planet... we can get you going in the right direction.
My suggestion is to start up a grow journal and document your grow with pictures and descriptions as to what you are trying. There is nothing new under the sun, especially here at 420 mag, and I have no doubt that you will find several people here who can give you expert level advice and support as you get through your first grow.
Be careful who you get your advice from. There are several online forums that are famous for giving bad advice, hydro grow shops are notorious for it, and too many posters on the online forums are full of BS. Trust no one or no advice until you can verify it for yourself. Do your own experiments, and see what works for you, and what does not.
It sounds like so far you are doing well, and I suspect it is due to your research so far. Good job! Did you by any chance find my watering guide as you were cruising the internet... i know there are even youtube videos that feature it!
How much and how often should I be watering them right now? The two that sprouted earlier I’ve watered about once a day just lightly w a spray bottle today was the first day I could visually see the soil a lil dry. Also how close should my light be to my plants right now ? In the beginning I had them pretty close maybe a few inches away but day 3 I moved it to 24 inches. I feel like this was a mistake cz right away I seen the stems get long so I put them closer to the light n added that other side light

Instead of writing a book on watering on your thread, please read my piece linked below and then ask any specific questions after that. I suggest not just reading the key piece, but follow the discussion in the thread all the way to the end and see that I made some additional insights over time, especially in regards to watering in bloom.
Your light is another mystery since all lights nowadays have their own individual specs... I would follow the recommendations from that manufacturer, but it does sound like your instincts in this regard are good. Some of this is simply seat of the pants gardening... moving the light a little at a time and then reading the plants for the reaction. With the right light and good metering, you can get a good handle on how much light is needed by the plants. Let me refer you to another of my tutorials, this one on lighting:

Thanks, as time goes on what should my temp and humidity stay around ?

70's temps and 50-60rh = sweet spot and if you look at that graph you get a lot of wiggle room.

I'm growing in 95-100F and 55-85RH. I of course I'm freaking out sorta... now ok.
Plants are not all happy. A few love it.

With little ones - pay attention to watering. Likely the only thing we have all messed up with seedlings. I sometimes struggle with watering seedlings. A light breeze seems to help me the most. Prayers to the ganga gods sometimes work too and the moon cycles.

@Emilya has a good write up on watering. She is detail oriented, you should find her info very very helpful.

How much and how often should I be watering them right now? The two that sprouted earlier I’ve watered about once a day just lightly w a spray bottle today was the first day I could visually see the soil a lil dry. Also how close should my light be to my plants right now ? In the beginning I had them pretty close maybe a few inches away but day 3 I moved it to 24 inches. I feel like this was a mistake cz right away I seen the stems get long so I put them closer to the light n added that other side light
Seedlings in my opinion are fickle little beasts in regards to watering and it’s a very common mistake most make. You have to be careful of too much water and dampening off mainly but also to little at the same time. Seedlings I water every 2 or 3 days or when they are visibly dry and the cup or pot is very light. I do not add water if the cup has any weight to it. I add a tiny bit of nutes to the water once 3rd or 4th set of leaves show up. Good luck and I think you will like this forum! :)

Back
Top Bottom