Help Growing Indoors Using An Aeroponics System & Drip System

Mr. Hydro420

Hello Guys,

New to growing and am need of some guidance. Yesterday, I just started phase one of sprouting the seed. So as I wait for the 6 seeds to crack, I am setting up my two systems.

I decided to go with a hydroponics because I personally didn't want to mess with messy soil. That being said, I purchased two systems from General Hydroponics.

-Rainforest 66

-Power Grower 8 Pack

As I read many threads after the purchase, I realized I already wasted money. I did not realize the Rainforest was an Aeroponics System, and the Power Grower was a Drip System. To my understanding, they both need different nutrients and use different growing techniques.

The idea behind purchasing two hydroponics was to keep my plants in the vegetation stage using the Rainforest 66 set up, under (2) 250W Metal Halide bulbs. Reason why is because the baskets are not very big, so the roots probably would only grow to a certain point until needing a larger pot for flowering.

Hence, that is why I purchased the Power Grower 8 Pack, which is a drip system under (1) 600W HPS bulb. Problem I feel is, the two system when transporting them to the drip system from the aeroponics system, will cause a huge shock, or may just kill the plants.

So that is my first issue, second issue is what nutrients to use? General Hyroponics included their three stage basic nutrients:

FLORA MICRO
FLORA GRO
FLORA BLOOM
GENERAL HYDROPONICS

I am not even sure if I should use these, or go with what everyone is talking about and use Advanced Nutrients Sensi A and B.

At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if my situation is common sense, again I am new to growing and looking for some help. Thanks guys!

-Mr. Hydro420 :ganjamon:

transplanting from straight aero to to the drip system will give you no problems at all, just be gental with the roots when pouring the hydroton into the basket with the plant and it will seem as if nothing ever happened after a day. just try to keep the roots of the plants seperated in the aero system it will make it a tad bit easier to transplant.

i run advanced and yes there good nutes ive been useing them for 2 years now and with the few changes they have done with the ph perfect and other things added to there base now it makes it almost idiot proof. im useing the sensi line with big bud, bud candy, kushy kush, over drive. i dont see any much need to use anything more.

Hey Trunk5,

I appreciate the response. I was getting nervous that no one was going to reply, felt stupid. But I am learning, went into my local hydroponics store, he helped me understand just what I need to do as a beginner. He said the systems I purchased are known to work very well. I was just concerned if it would cause a shock to the plants, resulting in a smaller yield.

I will be posting pictures of my first grow in another thread. I will make sure to link and look for any comments from experienced growers such as yourself. Thanks again.

-Mr. Hydro420 :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom