Help! I have really long stems with few leaves

iloveramey

I decided to try growing 2 plants instead of one in ccase on died and both of them are growing long skinny stems with only 6 little leaves on the big plant and 4 on the other- what am I doing wrong? Can I fix this?

I am using a 24" inch fluoro grow light. it is 2 inches from the plant, as for my fertilizer, and a teeny bit of rootblast. Thanks for any info! :allgood:

regular old fluoro bulbs are acctually better than "grow bulbs". How many watts do you have? If you have the light 2" from the plants and they're still stretching, they still aren't getting enough light.
vin

Thanks so much! I think it is 25 watts but I oculd be way off. It was labeled gro-lite kit it came with the bulb and the outlet thingie you plug it in to. It glows purple. What were your thoughts on the rootblast? I had one plant growing for over a week without rootblast and I started to more seeds with rootblast and they are already bigger than the plant I started first.

yeah, doesn't sound like that's the right kind of bulb. If the root blast worked, great. though I wouldn't use it on yoiur plant that's already developed. go w/some other nute.
Vin

Back
Top Bottom