My plants have brown stem rot, what to do?

Phillybonker

4 of my plants have got some leaves that have brown marks, one of the plants had two stems (plant is topped) that were rotting right at the top on the inside. I'm convinced all 4 plants have brown stem rot that most likely originated from the dodgy water I gave them.

I've cut away the rotting stems on one of the plants to try to prevent it from spreading, but it to has brown spots on some of its leaves.

Is there anything I can do for my plants or are they going to die?

Best answers I can give are: There are treatments, one is Botrystop, but read the label well, not sure if it’s suitable for weed, it says it’s ok for some stone fruit crops and it’s not a systemic poison, however it may be a dormant spray which won’t help. Most articles talk about control or mitigation, not cure. As far as the plants dying, they might. The treatment is a spray on topical, so if the rot is internal it may not work. Some pictures would be helpful. Not sure if sulphur would work. Sorry to hear of your issue! Hopefully someone else will weigh in.

Best answers I can give are: There are treatments, one is Botrystop, but read the label well, not sure if it’s suitable for weed, it says it’s ok for some stone fruit crops and it’s not a systemic poison, however it may be a dormant spray which won’t help. Most articles talk about control or mitigation, not cure. As far as the plants dying, they might. The treatment is a spray on topical, so if the rot is internal it may not work. Some pictures would be helpful. Not sure if sulphur would work. Sorry to hear of your issue! Hopefully someone else will weigh in.
My plants are out in the bush and I next go there in 4 days time. I will take some pictures.

I didn't know Botrystop even existed. I'm going to buy it anyway to see if it works any good against Botrytis in my country. Botrytis is a real problem in my area because of the rainy damp autumn weather in late bloom. If it does work good against Botrytis then thanks for informing about the existence of Botrystop. If it stops brown stem rot that would be a bonus to.:)

Back
Top Bottom