Sprouts fell over and stems are getting hair thin

Damn name sorry about your luck, but no worries we have all been there. SmokeyMcFly I agree with everything you said, In addition to this, get rid of those Jiffy pots, they are a curse, use solo cups or 4 inch pots, I use them and they are great. Important. Have your fans and lights on as soon as you put in to soil, water lightly daily at first, then to twice a day. pay attn to stretching and light distance and make sure the fan is far enough away from plants so the leaves dont get bruised from the breeze. at thirteen days i start feeding 1/4 strength nutes GH 3 part series with calimagic. Good luck, hope this helps you.
Sorry damname, I forgot to tell you. If you keep a journal here so people can see it and your plants they will hop on board and are happy to help. Also on every grow I made a word document journal, so I will have records of feedings, troubles and solutions and how each grew. It is super handy for a reference down the road. Then just copy and past to your 420 journal, cheers.

... Hey bro, live and learn on here.. There are a lot of great growers on here, so utilize it as a tool.. Everyone has to learn, and I have several students right now that are in the same position as you or just a little further along.. I have been growing well over 25 years, and I still ask questions and read threads.. Some one posted earlier to find a few threads and follow them, that would be helpful, but you can always use this link How to Grow Marijuana .. It is located at the top of the page, and has tons of threads that are labeled decently. You should be able to find what you need to start with there, and then look up New Posts and pick a couple there... You should also put a link to your thread in your signature page, that way when you comment or ask questions on other threads they can click on the link and go right to your page/thread ....
Green days bud, and best of luck.. Keep trying and learning....

Someone prolly already said this, but that is called damping off. The fungus got to them. No way to salvage them, I'm sorry to say. Too moist an environment and lights too far away. CFLs are excellent for nursing seedlings.

looks like theyre stretching, if it were me, id lower the light, and id bury them some more, quite a lot probably.
someone with more experience will be along soon but thats just me

It won't hurt to try, but IMO once damping off occurs, the seedling is doomed.

It won't hurt to try, but IMO once damping off occurs, the seedling is doomed.
fair enough, im only in my 2nd grow and still learning lol never heard of damping off before so might have just learnt something new..

fair enough, im only in my 2nd grow and still learning lol never heard of damping off before so might have just learnt something new..

Damping off is a term well-known among flower and vegetable gardeners. Some of us old timers apply what we learned in growing our vegetables and flowers to growing Cannabis.

There's no recovering from this. Once you have it you're fucked.
I just had this in happen in hempy. 2 died, I saved the third with an H202 dip. She is taking forever but she's showing improvement. To be fair, many would have tossed her and not put in the energy to save her. I ended up transferring her to soil after the dip.

I see damping off finally being mentioned .. cut stem where its unaffected, throw dampening off stem and roots away, plant top... Burying deeper won't do nothing, as plants still affected..by cutting away, you can clone the healthy part of stem...

I just had this in happen in hempy. 2 died, I saved the third with an H202 dip. She is taking forever but she's showing improvement. To be fair, many would have tossed her and not put in the energy to save her. I ended up transferring her to soil after the dip.

Well-done.. always some way... I was really surprised at people having success cloning the top, of dampening off seedlings...

Back
Top Bottom