Sprouts fell over and stems are getting hair thin

damname

hey all

I have 7 seeds in 7 pots and they were doing great until i put them under the light yesterday. They are in black gold organic soil, 1500 watt equiv led grow light 3 foot from the seedlings. Today all but one plant is laying on the soil and their stems are withered. I dont see any signs of rotting and the leaves are green. The stems are a whitish/red color and some of the worse plants (severely withered) are brown in color. i watered them today...the soil was dry on top and only very slightly damp when i stuck my finger in. i have been keeping the soil moist. i have also been watering them with cleaned, filtered and reverse osmose water.

im not sure whats going on here....i fear im losing all my plants! i tried searching duckduckgo on the problem but im not exactly seeing a solution that matches my problem. PLEASE HELP!

thanks

here are a few pics...sorry bout that haha.
IMG-7152.JPG
IMG-7149.JPG
IMG-7149.JPG
IMG-7150.JPG
IMG-7151.JPG
IMG-7152.JPG

looks like theyre stretching, if it were me, id lower the light, and id bury them some more, quite a lot probably.
someone with more experience will be along soon but thats just me

The one on the back left looks alright.

What in blazes do you have in the pot next to the other stems?

How many inches high is the light? How many watts? Still not enough info. See my post above.

1. I've never seen half-straws used that way and it seems it would prevent them from growing strong. A light "breeze" makes them sway slightly and then they strengthen and grow thicker stems. This prevents that.

2. The light should work, but three feet is too far away at this stage. I'd half that or at most 2 ft.

3. I have my doubts about any but the back left plant, but don't do anything drastic until someone with experience comes in.

4. You have to allow the soil to dry some or you will drown the roots and kill the plants.

5. Worth saying again, but don't do anything drastic until someone with experience comes on.

I've never heard of anyone putting straws around their seedlings like that. Looks to me that the only one that isn't near death is the one without the straw. Could be other issues here but get rid of the straws would be my advice. Seems like the humidity inside the straws might be rotting the stems.

I've never heard of anyone putting straws around their seedlings like that. Looks to me that the only one that isn't near death is the one without the straw. Could be other issues here but get rid of the straws would be my advice. Seems like the humidity inside the straws might be rotting the stems.

i just deleted the straws. they were not on the plants but for about an hour or so. i heeled up the stems with more dirt. i lowered the lights to 1.5 feet from 3 feet. this literally just happened last night into this morning. the plants were doing great until i put them under the light last night....

We need a lot more info to tell you what's happening here. I hate being pessimistic but I'll be shocked if they survive.

What specific Black Gold soil are they in? You should be using their Seedling Mix, otherwise it may be too hot (too nutrient rich for a delicate seedling) and you need to check your soil pH and grow room temperature and humidity. And let em dry out for a day or two before watering again. And maybe put em on a windowsill for a couple days as well assuming they'll get enough light there.

We need a lot more info to tell you what's happening here. I hate being pessimistic but I'll be shocked if they survive.

what kind of info can i give you? im willing to give all that i know to save a few of these plants. they are crop king sativa seeds....og kush haze i think. they are in black gold organic soil. they 'were' being watered with water from a dispenser at piggly wiggly (filtered and reverse osmosis) twice a day, they are under a full spectrum led light equivalent to 1500 watts, growing in a shower, lights 'were' 3 foot from the plants when this happened, i just put them under the lights last night and this happened when i checked them at noon today, they were doing fine before i put them under light....oh and i have not put any miracle grow or anything like that on them or in the soil. the temp in the room is about 80 F, there is now a fan on the plants as of 2 hours ago. oh and they are in jiffy pots.

id still bury them in deeper pots. those long arse spindly stems will grow roots out the side and with the ligts closer they may stop stretching somewhat. then read this

and hope for the best

What specific Black Gold soil are they in? You should be using their Seedling Mix, otherwise it may be too hot (too nutrient rich for a delicate seedling) and you need to check your soil pH and grow room temperature and humidity. And let em dry out for a day or two before watering again. And maybe put em on a windowsill for a couple days as well assuming thet'll get enough light there.

the bag of soil doesnt say anything about being for seedlings. it just says black gold natural organic...paid $17 for the big bag.

id still bury them in deeper pots. those long arse spindly stems will grow roots out the side and with the ligts closer they may stop stretching somewhat. then read this

and hope for the best

there was alot of space left in the pots for soil, so i just added soil up to the leaves. i didnt water them. i lowered the light to 1.5 feet and deleted the half straws.

Back
Top Bottom