Seedling help

Mcox420

So I’m currently growing 5 cannabis plants. One of my plants took off very well in the beginning. But now it needs some assistance. The leaves on the plant started to grow while the main stem stayed skinny. In return the large leaves caused the stem to weekn completely and couldn’t hold itself up any longer. I tried using a stick and sting to force it up but the stem was so week it broke instantly. It now looks like a skinny stick coming out of the ground Now from where it broke off and down to roots is still very healthy. So my question is if the first 4 leave that appear on a cannabis plant accidental get removed on the seedling does my plant still have a chance and will from more leaves

Images

A35C1995-5731-4AB0-B546-91A3F8345E77.jpeg

ACDF27A3-E6AD-43A6-BAA8-9FC5059749B5.jpeg

Well I still have 3 more. Hopefully they continue. It’s my first time and this is like my 50th attempt. Each attempt I get better results but they always die before it’s time to feed. I’m using a coir, perlite, and vermiculite mixture. Have them under a grow light which is suspended 3ft above the plants and is at 30% for the young ones. I also have a humidifier going . I make sure not to over water only watering every 3-4 days and I bring them outside here’s and there to get the full benefits of the sun

0CEF53E3-8A36-48F3-8BBB-4BD2714416C7.jpeg

First plant/clone a couple of years ago we had outside. Before a tent and decent grow light. It had picked up spider mites I found out after I brought it inside. I only grow indoors now. Two I have going now had the light close as 12” to girls so they didn’t stretch. I use LED lights, 600 watt, and use my hand as a guide to determine where the heat stops from light. A foot may seem close but keep it there and back it off as they grow.

Welcome! Sorry about the mishap. But you have 3 more so that’ll make it easier to not fret over it. Why not post a journal? Plenty of reliable free advice here…

Hey Mcox,

Welcome to the 420 hood, yeah ditto that’s toast.

Coco is not the same as soil…. coco, perlite and vermiculite - all 3 are inert, none of those components have nutrients to sustain a plant. They provide a home for roots to grow but there are no nutrients.

First pair of round leaves are cotyledons they help plant get started, they also provide backup food source but your grow media has zero nutes. So once your seedlings use backup energy from cotys, they crap the bed and die. Point is you gotta feed them and plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing to help plants in coco. Yup they keep it wet but there’s no nutes only trace minerals in water

You are doing soilless grow so you gotta bottle feed them NPK plus calcium & magnesium. For soilless grows hydro rules apply, that means adjust ph to 5.8

You cannot run wet dry cycle in coco, whole different animal. You need some NPK cannabis nutes, you need a cal-mag solution, ph matters in coco so you need a ph pen, plus ph up and down, possibly calibration or storage fluid depending on type of pen.

when you mix your soup run the water then always add cal-mag first stir & wait 5 mins, add NPK stir and wait, check ph, adjust ph to 5.8 and feed. For seedlings you prolly need to feed every other day, once plant gets bigger 5-6 nodes feed 1X per day, when it’s really large feed 2X per day and in flower feed 3X per day. Most here feed to slight runoff once plant gets well established

I’m soil guy so this will get you started…. but the coco folks can correct any mistakes I’ve made here and guide you much better

hope it helps, best of luck!

Hey Mcox,

Coco is not the same as soil…. coco, perlite and vermiculite - all 3 are inert, none of those components have nutrients to sustain a plant. They provide a home for roots to grow but there are no nutrients.

First pair of round leaves are cotyledons they help plant get started, they also provide backup food source but your grow media has zero nutes. So once your seedlings use backup energy from cotys, they crap the bed and die. Point is you gotta feed them and plain water or plain ph adjusted water does nothing to help plants in coco. Yup they keep it wet but there’s no nutes only trace minerals in water

You are doing soilless grow so you gotta bottle feed them NPK plus calcium & magnesium. For soilless grows hydro rules apply, that means adjust ph to 5.8

You cannot run wet dry cycle in coco, whole different animal. You need some NPK cannabis nutes, you need a cal-mag solution, ph matters in coco so you need a ph pen, plus ph up and down, possibly calibration or storage fluid depending on type of pen.

when you mix your soup run the water then always add cal-mag first stir & wait 5 mins, add NPK stir and wait, check ph, adjust ph to 5.8 and feed. For seedlings you prolly need to feed every other day, once plant gets bigger 5-6 nodes feed 1X per day, when it’s really large feed 2X per day and in flower feed 3X per day. Most here feed to slight runoff once plant gets well established

I’m soil guy so this will get you started…. but the coco folks can correct any mistakes I’ve made here and guide you much better

Thanks for the advice I will try the p.h water. I do have nutrients but was told not to feed until 3-4 weeks I’m only week 1 1/2

Hey Mcox,

That's pretty much it @013

Back
Top Bottom