Help identifying pest/mite - Pics

fortphoenix

hey i found this tiny tiny mite looking bug in the water i use to water seedlings (open container) and i only notice it because it was a tiny dot. it didnt seem like it wanted to be in the water because it was it was trying to swim, but couldn't. and once i scooped it out i put it on the ground it was moving, i had to kill it to stop it so i could look at it under my microscope so its kind of crushed, any ideas what it is? i really hope its not a bug that harms the plant. I'm having troubles with my plants too with what i thought was a calcium def because of slow growth and spots but maybe it could be a bug problem? also my ph keeps drifting up if that means anything, not rapidly but from 5.7 to 6.1 in 3 days and sometimes my plant droops, the drooping that happens only affects the top/middle leaves and happens every so often. I'm pretty sure the antennas/legs on the front of its mouth were sticking straight out when it was in the water, i couldn't tell once i took it out of the water though. and the magnification is 60x
IMG_033642.jpg
IMG_031043.jpg
IMG_030943.jpg
IMG_030746.jpg
IMG_033250.JPG
IMG_032732.JPG
IMG_032641.JPG
IMG_032336.JPG
IMG_032141.JPG
IMG_031542.JPG
IMG_031436.JPG
IMG_031339.JPG

the bug? it was barely moving in the water but it was so small thats the only one i could see I'm hoping thats the only on there is but I'm watering 4 times per day

Are you doing hydro if not give me some specifics
Lights medium temps and humidity. I think you are overwatering u need to let it dry out for a couple days

im 90% sure I've identified the bug as a spring tail but that still does explain my deficiency.. i actually just topped my res with r.o water and my ppm is back to 460,470 so i guess my ppms are on point. the r.o water i used to top had a 5.6ph and the ph of my res is 6.2 I'm thinking about leaving it alone for a day or 2 to see if it bounces back down but yeah flood and drain in hydroton/rapid rooter flood every 6 hours, like on 24/7 strain is nirvana ak48 400w hps temps between 73-79 humidity is kind of low 35-50% water temps 67. using h2o2 and maxigro and calmag plus. I've been battling problems since the beginning from overwatering and transplant shock and some other stuff these plants are over a month old (super stunted growth) i orignally put the in the rapid rooter to germinate on dec 23 and transplanted them to the flood table on dec 30th

well originally like 2 weeks ago before the spots starting showing up i was pretty clearly having a nitrogen deficiency but the leaves have gotten more green and now with all the spots on the leaves it seems to point to a calcium problem

Back
Top Bottom