Help - is this hermie or ovary?

Happyjoy

hi everyone.
my durban poison is about a week from harvest (according to breeder specs).

i just noticed that alot of the calyxs are swelling and opening, and in the calyx is a little tiny ball that looks almost like an undeveloped seed. theyre about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen, maybe a tiny bit bigger.

i dont see this on any of the other plants in the tent.
and its important to notice, that this issue is inside of every single calyx that im checking on my durban poison.
i dont see any bannanas anywehre, and no seed pods.

what you see in the pics are just the swollen calyxs, and some of them u can see them split open.
the light green colored parts of the picture are due to color with the flash of the camera. theyre not seed pods!

could this be some genetic thing, or perhaps they were stressed into making seeds towards end of flower?

the main thing that confuses me is that theyre inside of every calyx of the durban poison. so its not possible that its seeding to such a crazy extent without having seed pods or nanners, right?

ive tried taking some photos but i donno how clear they came out....

IMG_37777.JPG
IMG_37768.JPG
IMG_37747.JPG
IMG_377310.JPG
IMG_377010.JPG
IMG_37717.JPG
IMG_377211.JPG

hey everyone. after some research, i found some information online, that talks about exactly what im seeing in the calyxs.

basically he described that in every calyx theres always a baby potential of a seed thats there.
and for some reason in some cases (due to genetics or stress), its possible that the calyxs can split open.

im not sure if thsi is whats goin on by me, buy most of the calyxs of the durban p are splitting, and these little mini seeds are almost popping out of the calyx.

i still think maybe because of stress the plant self polinated itself late, so because of that the seeds are immature. but that seems wierd to me since i dont see how that would effect the whole entire plant.

I think they are just false seeds, a sign that your buds are "overripe". The central cell in the ovary develops into a seed kind of thing, but is not pollinated.

Never judge a harvest on breeder recommendations alone, everyone's grow environment is different.

Another thread about this here - Are these baby seeds? Is it normal for these in pure female bud/plant?

I think they are just false seeds, a sign that your buds are "overripe". The central cell in the ovary develops into a seed kind of thing, but is not pollinated.

Never judge a harvest on breeder recommendations alone, everyone's grow environment is different.

Another thread about this here - Are these baby seeds? Is it normal for these in pure female bud/plant?

i dont see any amber trichs though. eveyrthing is mostly cloudy.
u think i should just harvest now if all the calyxs are opening even though the trichs arent degrading?
i havent flushed it yet.....
however it was a grow with biobizz organic nutes, in a neutral soil. so it doesnt need as serious a flush as other strains...

Not all trichomes go amber, cloudy is often as "good" as it gets.
Buds are ready when the calyxes are swollen and most of the pistils have retracted :thumb:

thnks again for ur great advice.

i read somewhere that sometimes the cause for the calyxes opening up could be due to getting over nuted. which actually happened to the plants a week before this problem started happening. (biobizz told me that since i was using LEDS, and wasnt giving them cal/mag, that i should up the nutes up to twice as much as suggested. afterwards they took back teh advice after the damage was done... ;)
im very suspicious that perhaps that may have caused the problem, and that the plants arent actually over mature>....?
so even if the triches wont become amber, does that still mean though that after it reaches its peak, that the quality will start to deteriorate?
so my big question is now, being that i havent flushed yet, should i harvest since time is ripe?
(i used BIOBIZZ organic nutes. so technically they dont call for a full on flush. just to water regular watering schedule the last week with neutral water alone).

Back
Top Bottom